FDNY Graduation in NYC?

If you're lucky maybe the mayor will be there and say something like

"this is a great entry level job, for people who want to get real jobs like FF, Police or RN's/MD's... "

That is the gist of what Mayor Koch said at my graduation.....

Basically EMT is a stepping stone not a career.

The graduation, unless it has changed, which i dont think it has,, is BS. and held at the Fort Totten Toxic Waste site. I mean EMS Academy.... LOL

I was embrassed to bring family there.

i graduated 6 months ago, we had our ceremony at laguardia community college. the ceremony wasnt horrible, we graduated with a medic class, there was alot of people there, the mayor wasnt. it lasted about 3 hours. all the chiefs and such are there and they all make nice speeches, a little long but nice overall. then each person gets called on stage and receives his thing thats says i finished fdny emt academy lol . then you go now! work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have pics and stuff if you want to see just email me buds189@hotmail. com and i will send it to you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.