FDNY, what is it like as an EMT?

IS FDNY good to work for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Is the FDNY emt graduation nice and big?

Cindy,

I went through the Chicago Fire Department's Acedemy. They are rather hard as they are compressed into such a short time. We were also subjected to daily "beatings" described at physical training.

We immediately broke into study groups depending on where we lived. We stayed after class for about two hours and reviewed the days classes. It woked well for us.

But as anything, it is as hard as you let it. You will need to turn off any distractions if this is what you want to do. You will need to study and have a great understanding for the information provided as you are not only taking an important job, but you are also dealing with people's lives. If you dedicate yourself, you will be fine.

Me for one could care less of the graduation. They beat us soo bad all I wanted to do was run out of the building. But that was a long time ago.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.