Firefighter delivers baby

My God you are a pathetic bunch of insecure and miserable people. I really wonder what you people are thinking. I have never seen such childish behavior from a bunch of people who run around and pound on their chests and spew that they are professionals.

How about GOOD JOB!

I agree with gaelic! GOOD JOB to this fire fighter! And I love the comment about fire fighters have nothing better to do.. So I guess all fire fighters should just quit and let stuff burn...interesting..... :roll:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with gaelic! GOOD JOB to this fire fighter! And I love the comment about fire fighters have nothing better to do.. So I guess all fire fighters should just quit and let stuff burn...interesting..... :roll:

Don't you think its a little demeaning to fireman to extend heartfelt congratulations at holding legs AND talking at the same time? You guys must have a really low opinion of firemen. For shame. What's next, you want me to say good job for chewing gum and walking at the same time too?

Don't you think its a little demeaning to fireman to extend heartfelt congratulations at holding legs AND talking at the same time? You guys must have a really low opinion of firemen. For shame. What's next, you want me to say good job for chewing gum and walking at the same time too?

Well I am a fire fighter so I don't see the issue here, what would you like him to do?? You can walk and chew gum too!!!! wow...im so proud of you....

I really didn't intend for this to be a Fire Fighter bashing thread. However, I think those of you here who are fire fighters should be able to see the problem. Anyone who reads the article can easily tell that this guy didn't single handedly run this call. So why does he get all the credit for it? Furthermore, why does he ham it up on the front page of the paper, knowing full well he played only a small role?

I really didn't intend for this to be a Fire Fighter bashing thread. However, I think those of you here who are fire fighters should be able to see the problem. Anyone who reads the article can easily tell that this guy didn't single handedly run this call. So why does he get all the credit for it? Furthermore, why does he ham it up on the front page of the paper, knowing full well he played only a small role?

Maybe they were desperate for news that day?!

Hey Ruff,

I commend all envolved all the time. I do not differentiate medics from firefighters. I dont do this because this is the system I work in. I wouldnt do this even if we were seperate.

Its all about perception.

The general public sees all of us as their local hometown heroes who rush in and help them in their time of need. They dont see firefighters and medics as being different. Its like saying the Army and the Marines are different. To those who are in those forces, there are great differences. But to the public, they are our protectors and we are grateful for their service to us and our country.

I dont subscribe to the hero theory all the time. We are all heroes when the call arises. Otherwise, we are regular guys and gals trying to make a living and provide for our families. We are all more alike than we are different.

I just get soo sick and tired of ignorant, selfish and narrow-minded people. All they care about is theirselves and the glory they receive or somehow missed out on. I do my job, get paid and go home. It's really simple.

To me it's all about the personal gratitude I get. Not what others think. If I worried about what others think, I would never go out o the house in the morning.

I am always the first to step forward and pat someone on the back and say good job! I am also always the first one there to help those who might not have done it correctly or screwed up.

So, my support is not always for firemen. Fellow firemen, fellow emt's and fellow medics. We are all in this together. I commend all of US!

Read my posts a little closer. I try not to single people out as we are a team. I truly belive in this.

Media attention->increased public exposure->more funding->higher pay/more units->better care/shorter ambulance response times

Essentially the same flow chart that the fire department uses every time they try to justify more fire units. I can see the "why does it matter" argument in dual systems, but that does not seem to be the case in this situation.

It was Mother's day that's why . . .did any of you over look something here, no because you were to busy trying to out do the other person.

I saw the Calgary sun with his mug shot on it and the flowers were really pretty too.

Most of my relatives are FF's, go figure :roll:

It was Mother's day that's why . . .did any of you over look something here, no because you were to busy trying to out do the other person.

I saw the Calgary sun with his mug shot on it and the flowers were really pretty too.

Um wow.....

I figure God owes me one for passing this up.....

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.