Firefighter delivers baby

My God you are a pathetic bunch of insecure and miserable people. I really wonder what you people are thinking. I have never seen such childish behavior from a bunch of people who run around and pound on their chests and spew that they are professionals.

How about GOOD JOB!

So you'd be fine if a pair of local non-fire ambulance personnel were essentially credited with putting out a structure fire even if all they did was watch? To be clearly honest, this is definitely one of those articles that scream "not news" anyways.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the way I take it. Firefighter with 6 mos exp = "greener 'n' goose sh*t in August". The paramedics and other experienced crew members on scene helped him. Basically they were letting the new kid get his share of the spot light. Way to go. He did a good job.

When it comes to OB's giving birth, it's natural. This is what happens when you lay in bed all day screaming "Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God!" without protection. I believe everybody here are living manifestations of that very same situation. I know I am.

This is also a testament to the EMS crew. The article also reads to the stability of the scene, which probably led to the seasoned crew letting the new guy gain some vital experience. My hat off to the seasoned crew.

Just my thoughts.

To be clearly honest, this is definitely one of those articles that scream "not news" anyways.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, I think it was just meant as a feel good mothers day story. I'm curious however as to how the reporters even got wind of the story in the first place. Was it phoned in anonymousl perhaps?

Firefighters fight fire and save lives......he did what he was trained to do..... :3some:

if he was trained to hold her legs and talk her thru it then by golly, he did his job extremely well.

I'm very GREEN here. And by green, I mean new in every sense of the word. I'm a new EMT and I'm new to EMT City. Yet I have all kinds of things to say about this, especially because I also aim to be a firefighter in the near future. *sifting carefully through my thoughts* Okay . . . . mom did all the work. All the hard (labor) work. Newbie firefighter assisted with encouragement, and the paramedics seemed to get very little credit in this story. I guess I'm going to come across as sounding very neutral, but I think I just am.

Aren't we all out there for the same reason? To help people and serve our communities? What's really a shame about our chosen profession (whether medical or fire) is that someone always gets overlooked. If the firefighter happens to be the first one to aid the woman in labor, the medics get overlooked. If a paramedic steps into a burning building to help pull out an injured person, the firefighters will probably be overlooked. I think it's simply because in each situation, the firefighter and the medic are doing something out of the norm. There's less interest when a medic delivers a baby, or when a firefighter runs into the burning building, because that's more of what the general public expect.

I totally understand wanting proper recognition to go to the proper people, but we are all in this together! Who knows . . . your day of recognition might be today! Or tomorrow! Or the next day!

I'm very GREEN here. And by green, I mean new in every sense of the word. I'm a new EMT and I'm new to EMT City. Yet I have all kinds of things to say about this, especially because I also aim to be a firefighter in the near future. *sifting carefully through my thoughts* Okay . . . . mom did all the work. All the hard (labor) work. Newbie firefighter assisted with encouragement, and the paramedics seemed to get very little credit in this story. I guess I'm going to come across as sounding very neutral, but I think I just am.

Aren't we all out there for the same reason? To help people and serve our communities? What's really a shame about our chosen profession (whether medical or fire) is that someone always gets overlooked. If the firefighter happens to be the first one to aid the woman in labor, the medics get overlooked. If a paramedic steps into a burning building to help pull out an injured person, the firefighters will probably be overlooked. I think it's simply because in each situation, the firefighter and the medic are doing something out of the norm. There's less interest when a medic delivers a baby, or when a firefighter runs into the burning building, because that's more of what the general public expect.

I totally understand wanting proper recognition to go to the proper people, but we are all in this together! Who knows . . . your day of recognition might be today! Or tomorrow! Or the next day!

Actually when paramedics enter buildings and save lives news will say FF's saved person. Also if the paramedic was stupid enough to enter a building w/o equipment such as scba should be ridiculed not described as a hero.

Aren't we all out there for the same reason?

Actually, you just stumbled upon the very root of the controversy.

No, we are not all out there for the same reason. Medical professionals are out there because it is their chosen professional passion. Firemonkeys are out there because they have nothing better to do, and need some way to justify their budget, or risk extinction like they dinosaurs they are.

There is zero similarity in motivation, despite the rhetorical propaganda of the IAFF/IAFC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.