Graphic safety ad

Oooh video fight!!

Anywhoo, I was just thinking ... will teenagers really get the message after watching these commercials? I feel like now, due to the wide selection of sadistic movies that are out there, kids/teenagers/young adults/ adults, have been somehow desensitized. There would be a tad of shock factor, and some will be curious to see the commercials. But, will the message really get accross?

Only time will tell...

Unless you're driving on the autobahn that stat is almost useless in discussion on road speeds, unless you're considering building one or have one in your area.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FjMR0dBa9xQ

It's pretty relevant considering road speeds?! What does having to build one in my area have to do with the statistic of the actual road?

Highway fatalities account for more than 94% of all transportation deaths. There were an estimated 6,289,000 car accidents in the US in 1999. There were about 3.4 million injuries and 41,611 people killed in auto accidents in 1999. The total number of people killed in highway crashes in 2001 was 42,116, compared to 41,945 in 2000. An average of 114 people die each day in car crashes in the U.S.

http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html

"Despite the general high speeds, the accident and death rate on the Autobahn is relatively low. Autobahn crashes account for only 10% of national traffic fatalities and, in fact, the fatality rate is lower on the Autobahn than on US Interstates.

Due to the strict laws regarding the Autobahn, and the strict upkeep of the road, it's proven to be THE safest thoroughfare in the world. I'd count that as pretty relevant :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.