Graphic safety ad

That was intense. Sometimes I think people need an in-your-face, graphic ad like that to really hit home. Sure they'll complain about having to see the nasty side of life, but next time they think about speeding, it'll be that little nugget in the back of their head warning them of the consequences.

Thanks for the post.

That reminds me of an old bus safety video they had us watch in elementary school. One kid's arm was hanging out the window and he lost it. Another child bent down to pick something up that fell right next to the bus and ended up run over. There was another one or two in that movie. I remember that it scared the heck out of me and I have never forgotten it.

Graphic commercials like that get the point across. Yes, they're slightly scaring to younger kids, but small inconvenience to pay to avoid the physical and mental life scars of actual accidents.

Learning right and wrong as a child is a result of anxiety from parents correcting you when you do wrong...this should hopefully have a similar effect.

This is one I like to often share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsXRbJJo_M

I was only able to open 3 of the 4. Those 3 all have a UK feel to them (one actually states Ireland), and I am of the opinion that they show more graphic stuff unedited in the UK than the USA.

However, it does, in my opinion, make the points intended.

That commercial was a joint effort between Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland TV. There are two versions which are identical apart from the ROI one has Garda (Police) officers and the Northern Irish one has NI Police Service. The car number plates are changed to reflect this also

I have shown the clip that Anthony posted to a number of my students, especially when I have high school students in my class.

I think the one that the OP posted is a good one too - unfortunately, shock value is the only thing some people will understand. If that is what it takes to convince people to slow down, and to buckle up, it is worth it...

Teens tend to think that they are immortal, and have that "it can't happen to me" attitude. I can't blame them... I was that way a thousand years ago too.... and the biggest deterrent was "I'm your mother, that's why."

I just hope that videos like this reach more kids.

Thanks for the links!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.