B.C. new EMR-ACP through JIBC

bosc

JIBC has released its new plan for ACP training prerequisites.

All applicants new only EMR with some extra courses. PCP is no longer recogized nor are patient contacts.

Zero to Hero training for B.C.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JIBC has released its new plan for ACP training prerequisites.

All applicants new only EMR with some extra courses. PCP is no longer recogized nor are patient contacts.

Zero to Hero training for B.C.

$^&#*! Are you telling me I just spent $5000 on tuition and books for a PCP course I no longer need to take to get to ACP (starting on the 26th by the way)? I don't think having PCP as a pre-requisite for ACP is a bad thing. It's forcing people to spend years as a PCP before taking their ACP that's a bad thing.

It would seem that this is an attempt to get more students in the program. the average age of an ACP attendant in BC is 48 y/o. The Memo explained that it was to have "more sucess through the program".

To me it is also is a slap in the face to all those with ALS ambitions who have been travelling diligently down the ACP road through the PCP program and gaining experience.

The $10000 i've spent on training now buys me about $1.50 raise over my EMR partners. Nothing more.

I'm interested as to what other readers think on this......please post.

I agree that it is a slap in the face to those of us who have taken or are about to take the PCP step. Going straight to ACP school upon completion of PCP would be great, but eliminating PCP altogether is not appropriate.

Why?

It isn't appropriate to eliminate PCP for two reasons. First, the vast majority of attendants will not be capable of making the jump from EMR to ACP all in one step. Second, PCP is an appropriate pre-requisite for those of us who are capable of going from EMR to ACP straight through without working as a PCP. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to go from EMR all the way through to ACP. I'm saying that PCP needs to remain a recognized step in the process.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.