EMS "bunker" type gear.

I wish our service would purchase turnout gear for us. We are required to operate the Rescue gear but have no PPE except for a pair of gloves, goggles and a little plastic helmet.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least more providers have turnout gear. I worked in the south back in the late 80's and early 90's. We had a Hurst Tool on our ambulance because fire did not respond. We used to do extrications in short sleeve polyester shirts with hardware store work gloves and safety glasses. Believe it or not, that was a service that once in that time frame won EMS System of the Year with those safety practices in place.

Believe it or not, that was a service that once in that time frame won EMS System of the Year with those safety practices in place.

LOL! I believe it!

Where exactly is "the south"? Are you referring to the United States, or a particular state? To somebody in North Dakota, Fargo is "the south".

• 3 weeks later...

NYPD's ESU trucks are doing extrications without even the goggles.

Dude, they are ESU, ergo badass. Nothing badever happens to badasses. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.