Muskogee County EMS

They are very rigid and structured in their organization just like the military.

Are you referring to their policies, procedures, and operations, or are you talking simply about their organisational structure? Examples?

And would this be in the style of the Marines, or more like the Air Force? Just trying to get an idea of what you're talking about here.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you referring to their policies, procedures, and operations, or are you talking simply about their organisational structure? Examples?

And would this be in the style of the Marines, or more like the Air Force? Just trying to get an idea of what you're talking about here.

Dust,

They have very aggressive protocols including the use of thrombolytics, their attitude and discipline is all about professionalism and about the patient. They expect their employees to do their job, know their job, and do it very well. MCEMS always has ongoing CEUs and as Rid said many have gone above the minimum requirements and received their CC as well. They are regarded as one of the better and more professional services in OK. Check out their website and just by the wording and orientation process you can see they do not want just anybody. I don't work for them but do know several that do and they are about the patient and their job. I would say more like the army because its not like the marines and the AF...come on lol. I come from a military family and definately would not say AF...unless maybe the CCs or PJs. Several have military backgrounds.

I appreciate the reply, but you still haven't really explained or given any examples of what is military-style about their organisation. I don't understand. I've worked a few places that had so-called aggressive protocols and expectations of professional behaviour that I would not consider military in the least. What SPECIFICALLY are you referring to? Do they line up for inspection at the beginning of every shift? Do they march in the parking lot? Do they salute supervisors? Are their uniforms camouflaged? What???

I appreciate the reply, but you still haven't really explained or given any examples of what is military-style about their organisation. I don't understand. I've worked a few places that had so-called aggressive protocols and expectations of professional behaviour that I would not consider military in the least. What SPECIFICALLY are you referring to? Do they line up for inspection at the beginning of every shift? Do they march in the parking lot? Do they salute supervisors? Are their uniforms camouflaged? What???

No they don't line up for inspection, or wear camo. Guess that wasn't the best analogy Dust. Sorry. I guess I was kinda refering more to their attitude and the attitude of the admin about the status and image of their service and people Dust. They have a structure of EMT. Intermediate, Medic, supervisors and FTOs, assistant director, and director. Their uniforms are squared away, boots shined, trucks washed and inspected, equipment maintained, etc. The things that we bitch about when we mention the lack of professionalism in our profession. Sorry for the miswording. For this part of OK professionalism is very lacking...

Ah, I gotcha now then.

Precision and attention to details. I like it!

But the camo would be cool too! :D

Ah, I gotcha now then.

But the camo would be cool too! :D

I agree :D Except I dunno about the new digitals...something about velcro when you are suppose to be quiet...lol. My brother tells me every time I get to talk to him from Basara how glad he is to wear a flight suit or ghilie suit.

Ah, I gotcha now then.

But the camo would be cool too! :lol:

Well Oklahoma camo is just not that professional IMHO. See the minimum requirement below:

2469805870084696379sXULxn

Well Oklahoma camo is just not that professional IMHO. See the minimum requirement below:

I think your mistaken Spenac, that's not Oklahoma. That is a picture of the the Dean for the University of Texas at his wedding.

GO SOONERS!!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to learn EMS you have to run calls. And to run calls that means EMSA. Who knows I might be your FTO if come here.

First welcome to the site; but oh, please... Review Muskogee protocols, they are way ahead of anything Sacra has written and far more advanced than EMSA ten minute transports. I have to re-train EMSA medics all the time, part of the problem is they a-s-s-ume that they know it.. because of their academy, yet though hang a NTG drip or transport a patient with a pleurovac chest tube, or any true sick patient and most are lost. Yes, they make a lot of calls.. so? It is what you do and how much care is the determining factor. I have yet seen EMSA not hire anyone.. true they may not make through the academy, but as long as your background is okay, and you have a current license and pulse (optional), your hired. Another Jack Stouts's vision...

No, I am not a burned out ex-EMSA employee, and yes I realize that there are some great medics there as well. It is a good place to get some field experience as long as you plan on leaving after one year.. and no longer. Turn around is definitely something to explore.

R/r 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.