F Class Driver's License

The only driving schools I know of that use ambulances are the EVOC areas of larger metropolitan EMS academies, using older ambulances than whatever their main fleet is using.

The only time I can recall this not being the case was when NYC EMS started getting delivery of the then new ABS equipped ambulances, 2 were assigned to EVOC.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10-4. I'll look into that (either renting and doing my test, or finding a school that teaches with one?). I'd be cool with a 15p van, (esp/ with the # of windows...)

Are you in the GTA?

"F" Class?

Must be a Canadian thing, that needs translating on the US side of the international border.

Is the "F" class drivers license similar to a Commercial Driver's License, like what you might need to drive a Greyhound Interstate Bus a Mayflower Moving Van, or the special one for heavy equipment, like a construction crane or "backhoe" earth-mover?

Or is it something akin to an "unclassified" chauffeur's license, indicating the bearer uses the licence to drive a taxi, basically earning a living with said license?

Depends on the province. In Alberta you need a class 4 licence to drive an ambulance or taxi cab. The normal operators licence is a class 5. In order to get a class 4 you must pass a written test, and the drivers test is the same as the class 5, but you are not allowed as many errors. No special vehicle is required for the test, your 1985 Honda Civic is just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.