F Class Driver's License

Hi everyone!

I'm new to these forums so I hope I'm not reasking a question that has been brought up before, because I couldn't find it under the search. I'm from Toronto, Ontario and I've been accepted into a paramedic program for the fall. I need to get my F Driver's license in the next couple of months so I hopped online and found two trucking sites that list they offer F Class training. Metro Trucking and Great Truck Driving School. (Well I did find one other course, but it was for twice the amount for less training specified verses the other two companies) So I was wondering if anyone in the GTA area could lend me their expertise or experience with the trucking schools here or just obtaining your F Class license in general. Please and thanks!

Now maybe I misread your post but why are you wanting to get your class F if you are entering medic school? Are you moving to Alberta? I think that's where I am getting confused. You don't need to get your class F here but you do need your air brakes if you plan on getting into fire fighting. A class 4 is needed to drive he ambulance but thats it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not moving to Alberta. I'm an Ontarian. lol For all the colleges that I applied to (in Ontario) and depending on the college, they'll either require you to get your F license as a prerequisite or during the college course. My college is requiring the F class license as a prerequisite.

On another note - I passed and got my F class license and am ready for the fall! :)

• 1 month later...

Congrats! I remember renting a UHaul van and taking my test with the "Dragon Lady"..needless to say, I did get my F class. Also, I went in to the MTO to write the written apsect of the test (five years later?) and people were trying to cheat off of me...probably didn't realize it was a different test entirely lol

I went in to the MTO to write the written apsect of the test (five years later?) and people were trying to cheat off of me...probably didn't realize it was a different test entirely lol

One time, I took a test, and someone used a mirror to copy off of me. He got everything backwards. I scored a 94, he got a 49.

LOL

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats! I remember renting a UHaul van and taking my test with the "Dragon Lady"..needless to say, I did get my F class. Also, I went in to the MTO to write the written apsect of the test (five years later?) and people were trying to cheat off of me...probably didn't realize it was a different test entirely lol

UHaul van?

I took my written a month or two ago, and I've been looking to get my driving completed... but finding an appropriate vehicle isn't easy. I was afraid I was going to have to rent a short bus... (edit: excited I was going to have to rent a short bus...)

What are the "alternate" vehicles to an ambulance? (Roughly the same size)

... does any driving school have de-commissioned ambulances to teach on?

UHaul van?

I took my written a month or two ago, and I've been looking to get my driving completed... but finding an appropriate vehicle isn't easy. I was afraid I was going to have to rent a short bus... (edit: excited I was going to have to rent a short bus...)

What are the "alternate" vehicles to an ambulance? (Roughly the same size)

... does any driving school have de-commissioned ambulances to teach on?

You can use a 15 passenger van (or equivalent sized cargo van also, I believe).

And no, I do not know of any driving school that teaches with an ambulance.

You can use a 15 passenger van (or equivalent sized cargo van also, I believe).

And no, I do not know of any driving school that teaches with an ambulance.

10-4. I'll look into that (either renting and doing my test, or finding a school that teaches with one?). I'd be cool with a 15p van, (esp/ with the # of windows...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.