Guns on Campus Your Opinion Would students be Safer

spenac

Students Carrying Guns.........  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• Would stop school violence.
    • Would slow school violence.
    • Would not effect school violence.
    • Would increase school violence. Wild West type shootouts.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it would slow it down. There's going to be nothing stopping the people who are hell bent on killing people at the cost of their own life (i.e. VT), but if other people had guns then these incidents would be shorter in duration.

I believe that strict safety measures would need to be in place (ie. mandatory gun safety classes) and that the schools would need to have in place who qualifies for a firearm and who does not (ie. criminal background checks and mental health evaluations). MY biggest issue with allowing guns on campuses is the amount of partying and drinking that goes on. Alcohol and guns do not mix very well and I KNOW that some yahoo would end up shot at a party because of someone got pissed and had a gun.

As a college student, there are a number of people that would scare me sh*tless if I knew they had a gun :shock:

It's going to be interesting to see how these bills go.

If guns cause violence, women cause prostitution.

I don't know if I can accurately put my views on the subject in the context of the poll. I absolutely believe it would DETER violence and allow situations to be resolved much more quickly. I think anyone contemplating shooting the school up (and 95% of them take their own lives bc they're cowards) would think twice if they knew the person next to them on the bus had his gun on him.

What is stopping someone determined on causing a mass casualty situation from bringing a gun on campus with a gun ban? Absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, it only hinders someone from protecting their life, and the lives of their peers.

I believe that strict safety measures would need to be in place (ie. mandatory gun safety classes) and that the schools would need to have in place who qualifies for a firearm and who does not (ie. criminal background checks and mental health evaluations). MY biggest issue with allowing guns on campuses is the amount of partying and drinking that goes on. Alcohol and guns do not mix very well and I KNOW that some yahoo would end up shot at a party because of someone got pissed and had a gun.

As a college student, there are a number of people that would scare me sh*tless if I knew they had a gun :shock:

It's going to be interesting to see how these bills go.

Minus the campus ban, what is keeping them from purchasing a hand gun legally and doing the exact same thing? Nothing.

if someone is hell bent on causing death and destruciton and going out in a blaze of glory does anyone honestly believe it will be a deterrent?