Turbo Medic review

Dwayne, I appreciate the review... but you shoulda contacted him again before lambasting it all over the forum... lol!

Why? Was there something in my review that you found dishonest or mean spirited? I'm actually pretty confused by the irritation on a professional forum of my honest opinion. I've asked him specific questions, which he's chosen not to answer, and voiced specific concerns, which he's chosen not to address, what is the problem here?

Just good business policy IMHO. Now, if he had TOTALLY screwed you and been completely evil about misunderstandings with the product, then you could toast him as a business person and roast his product to your heart's content...

He's got a pretty comprehensive page for his product. You are free to look at it and compare it to my review and decide if you feel it's fair. I'm truly lost on what it is you'd want me to change here.

How about trying other products? Or posting what worked for you and what you were able to get out of the product? It is a good resource, albeit a bit difficult to navigate, no? Kind of like a journal database from what I'm hearing... it's all there, it's all FREE (whoopee!) but it's a little awkward to find. Is that what your experience was? I found your review a little confusing TBH.

What part of it was a database is my question. And what part of my review led you to believe it was free?

I am not going to go back and forth with you on this.

Why is that? You said you stand behind your product 100% right? What have I said, or asked that has been unfair? Or did you mean that you stand behind it as long as everyone is quiet and it's done in secret? There are 18,000+ people on this board, I'd think you'd thank me for giving you the opportunity to have your say and sell some stuff!

I've made it clear that perhaps I've misunderstood what I should expect from your product. You've had ample opportunity to make me look foolish for misrepresenting your product, but have chosen not to do so.

You've made clear in the past that you believe that this is an educational and learning forum...did you mean except where your "program" is concerned?

What is going on here?

Wendy, please let me know what was unclear and I'll do my best to be more specific...

I've been in business nearly my whole adult life...and you know what's missing from EMS Solutions posts?

Why did you feel that way?

What could I have done different?

Do you have certain things you'd like changed in the future?

What can I do to make you comfortable with my product?

If he's 12 then his responses make sense. If he's a true professional (Isn't that what EMTCity is about, helping each other to be more professional?) then he attempts to learn from the responses instead of discredit them.

Again. If I'm off in the ditch, please show me where I've been unfair...until then...save a little face and stop posturing.

Dwayne

I bought it as well. Lots of good info but not user friendly.

Still a good value though. Just takes time to get it figured out.

A question Spenac...as you're one of those on the board known to be terribly honest....

Did you find that your original purchase came with a lot of stuff available locally? Or did you need to download almost everything? Did I get lost in the Twilight Zone somewhere?

Dwayne

File after file of links to resources... sounds like a database to download to me. With free access privileges once you've bought the database program...

Here's my beef. If I buy something from a coworker or someone that I share space with, I make sure I pursue all avenues of communication with them PRIOR to reviewing everything with everyone else... and if that's failed, then it's fair game.

I'm just sayin', I can see how EMSSolutions felt blindsided. Unless there's part of the picture that I'm missing here.

Live and learn, it didn't work for you... lol!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

...With free access privileges once you've bought the database program...

Isn't that an oxymoron? Free once you've purchased it?

Here's my beef. If I buy something from a coworker or someone that I share space with' date= I make sure I pursue all avenues of communication with them PRIOR to reviewing everything with everyone else... and if that's failed, then it's fair game.

I don't know what "share space with" means, but he and I are not friends, coworkers or acquaintances. We had a business relationship whereby I purchased a commercial product that I felt comfortable giving my opinion on afterwards.

Instead of taking that opinion and using it as a positive to create more business and possibly help improve the product, he chose to call my honesty into question. I don't see where that is good business, or where I have treated him unfairly.

Spenac felt, at least I'm going to assume partially, somewhat of what I did, which leads my argument to be at least partially validated.

No one up to this point has validated his contention that I'm dishonest in my opinions and/or practices...

So why is the burden of proof still on me in your Court of Wendy?

Dwayne, I am with you 100%.

I do not feel you have said or done anything out of line.

You purchased a product and wrote a review. You were not blindsiding the guy as you asked very specific questions and had very specific concerns. Any good business man would seize the moment to take note of these areas and address them or explain them, thereby increasing his credibility and increasing his sales.

I appreciate you taking the time to write the review. This is a learning forum full of professionals or soon to be professionals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting others know of your experiences. Had you not explained them the way you did, I would possibly dismiss them and purchase the product on my own. However since you validated them and were not taking cheap shots, I had no reason to doubt your integrity, as there is no hidden agenda on your behalf. It is merely a dissatisfied customer letting others know what his experience was, so they could make their own decisions.

Again as I stated earlier, what a missed opportunity for the owner of the product. He just totally missed a chance to solidify his product, validate its worthiness and gain even more customers. Attitude speaks volumes, and even if a reasonable explanation comes forth, I would be hesitant to purchase it or future products based on the written exchange I witnessed here.

Caveat emptor. (pulling from memory and hope the spelling is correct)

AK...

I agree Dwayne, you did nothing out of line here. If one chooses to use a forum like this to advertise their product then they also risk getting ripped if the product fails to live up to the expectations of the buyer. It's a double edge sword.

One of these days I am going to order one of those snazzy O2 wrenches from NYC. I always carry an extra wrench in my jump kit. I believe the one I currently carry is from the Civil war so it's time for an update. If I order it and it turns out yo be crap (which I doubt it will, this is just an illustration) then I am going to call him on it the very forum I heard about it on.

Wendy, I am sorry I do not understand your 'sharing space' comment. If I am working with someone who is selling a product and it is not what I expected and I feel ripped off. It is my duty to my co-workers to let them know the insufficiencies of the product. It is called being an informed buyer. It is only fair to let others know of the problems with the product.

On the reverse side this gives the seller the opportunity to learn of customer dissatisfaction and make changes to address the issues. The onus is on the seller of the product to fix the issue. It is not the buyer who should just suck it up and keep quiet.

EMS solutions, it sounds like you have a few issues to work out. It would be best to go back to the drawing board and fix some of those issues. Especially the shortcut issue. This is the age of Windows not DOS, the user should not have to look for .exe files.

Finally I LIKE VISTA. Maybe I am the only one in the world who does but I have only ran across a couple of incompatibility issues.

A question Spenac...as you're one of those on the board known to be terribly honest....

Did you find that your original purchase came with a lot of stuff available locally? Or did you need to download almost everything? Did I get lost in the Twilight Zone somewhere?

Dwayne

First thank you for the comment about my honesty. I may be a pain but I always strive to be honest. I have always, even when I disagreed with, seen that your comments were based on your honest opinion.

Onto the product. I did find it a bit hard to figure out. Once I got things going it did contain lots of helpful information. For the money it was still a good buy in my opinion. Some features I was dissapointed in were heart sounds. Lots of sounds to listen to but I never found where it told me which sound I was listening to. Probably there but as you mentioned you have to open every file to locate anything.

Now it did have an excellent EKG simulator.

I do remember some stuff was on disc to be opened and that there was some outside links.

I was going to open mine up but I have changed computers and it is only allowed on one computer so it denys me access to most areas. I have not contacted EMS Solutions yet to see if I can get access again for my new computer.

I would still say it is worth the money to students. I bought several different companys study aids and by far for the money this is the best despite the fact it is so hard to use. It does contain lots of info and links to info. Some of it is free if you can find it on the web, but the hours it would take to locate it is just better to spend the money and study rather than search.

Now I would like to see it have a master list that shows everything so you could just click and it would take you to what you wanted. I know I often would remember that there was something but I would have to reopen file after file to find it. That was frustrating.

For the record mine is 2.0 not 3.0 so may be different.

Do I think Dwayne was wrong to post his review of the product and service he got? No. I feel he stated facts.

Does EMS Solutions have a good product? Yes. A bit rough but IMHO still well worth the money.

To wrap it up I still say buy the product but understand you will still have to work to use it. Perhaps on the website it needs to be stated a little clearer that you will still need internet and will have to open multiple files, etc.

Perhaps this discussion will lead to changes that actually make EMS Solutions products even better than they are.

Was I clear as mud?