Cool Gadget, Smallest 12 lead

Where are the "Eagle" class ships from "Space 1999", or the UFOs, Sky/Divers, or other Earth ships from "UFO"?

And where are the "Fireball" class ships, as in "Fireball XL5, or the "Gallisphere" from Planet Patrol?

Where is the "Botany Bay", from Star Trek episode "Space Seed"? The 2 space ships from "The Black Hole"? Where is Becca Valentine's beloved "Maru" from Andromeda? The Jupiter 2 from the original TV show Lost In Space?

The display had a Saturn 5, but where is the Mercury-Redstone, a Viking, or that nasty V2 rocket?

One final question: Who put the tribbles in the Quadrotriticale? ("Would someone close that door?)

Umm because those are geezer ships nobody cares about! :D

Actually I loved Space 1999!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but if ones compares ship sizes from this handy chart. You can see that the Galactic Empires Executor class star ships were the largest ships in space history. Easily capable of taking out anything in the Star Trek, Babylon 5, or the Farspace universe. Well anything but a single rebel fighter, you would think the Empire would have figured that out by part six. Rolling Eyes

Is it your proposal that LASERS could penetrate the shields of a Federation starship? I refer you to the episode where Lt. Worf and Commander Riker practically laughed out loud at at a threat from a ship captain whose armament was mere lasers.

While it appears that this thread may have gone off topic a little...ill throw my two cents into the ring...

While this little gatget appears pretty neat, and in some places with limited dollar resources where a ekg machine is needed it may be a more affordable option, in my ambulance and among my regular gear, i have no use for it...Come talk to me when they can fit all the functions of my LP12 into a palm pilot...

As some of you know, I have neither "the cable" or a "Sat-Dish", so I have to ask: Is the Galactica the same in both the 1979-1980 TV Series, and the Sci-Fi Network series? Same question for the Viper fighter. (We'll avoid the obvious of the 2 shows having different casts, and the newer one having humanoid Cylon robots, which I know about from reading the TV section of the newspapers)

As it is almost local midnight as I post, I am not going to look for a picture, but those Vipers look much like the ones from the old ABC TV network's Galactica, as best my memory serves me.

Oh, by the way, that size comparison chart didn't show either of the Battle Stars, an X-wing, a Y-wing, or a Tie-fighter. I am disappointed.

As it is almost local midnight as I post, I am not going to look for a picture, but those Vipers look much like the ones from the old ABC TV network's Galactica, as best my memory serves me.

Oh, by the way, that size comparison chart didn't show either of the Battle Stars, an X-wing, a Y-wing, or a Tie-fighter. I am disappointed.

It does show the 70's Galactica and a Cylon Base Star, look just above the Star Trek Space station. As far as the fighters I think they were to small if you want to keep it to scale.

Your right they do look alot like the old Vipers. The difference is they are more realistic, instead of turning in space with no gravity (fake) they have thrusters around them that make them turn. Making for some really cool flying scenes, Lee Adama at the refinery anyone?

How much are they? I have seen no prices. Yes my dust covered whacker kit is calling for a new friend.

But also interested as I wonder if this might be an affordable way for some rural clinics to have 12 lead.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to rural areas Spenac. If it is affordable it might be a good solution. Also, have you seen the GE commerical where the guy in India has the EKG machine that is backpack size and like a small tablet PC? Might be something worthwhile too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.