Cool Gadget, Smallest 12 lead

DRE Inc, a Louisville, KY company, is now distributing its tiny 12 lead ECG system equipped with an interpretation software and other goodies:

usbecg.jpg

The FDA-approved Universal ECG portable PC-based ECG is the most compact and precise PC-based ECG on the market. It connects directly to most desktop PCs, laptops and Pocket PCs running Microsoft® Windows® XP or 2000 and performs resting ECG anytime, anywhere. EKG results are displayed on the computer screen for rapid assessment.

DRE distributes the Universal ECG at a price that is less expensive than most standalone EKG machines. The Universal ECG provides additional cost savings upon use: It allows physicians to print EKG reports on standard computer paper, reducing thermal paper costs by as much as $700 per year. The Universal ECG also requires no calibration or annual maintenance and it draws all power from the PC, eliminating battery costs.

The Universal ECG provides automatic measurement analysis and narrative interpretation using the sophisticated Louvaine Algorithm. According to a clinical study, the Louvaine Algorithm has the best total accuracy when compared with algorithms used by leading competitors. The study also found that the Louvaine Algorithm diagnoses Myocardial Infarction more accurately than competing algorithms.

DRE sells the Universal ECG with all components necessary for measuring 12-lead EKG data. It includes:

# Intuitive software for collecting, storing and analyzing data on a laptop, desktop PC or Pocket PC

# Free networking software that lets physicians collect data in more than one location and store results on a single database

# Software used to move data from one database to another

The Universal ECG is available from DRE in a 12-lead interpretive version and a six-lead non-interpretive version.

The next whacker toy? Light Bar, check. Jump Kit, Check. 12 lead Palm Pilot, Check.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when they will have a cable so I can attach it to my smart phone. :wink: I wish they would just go ahead and get the tri-corder technology usable already.

Yea, but is the lifepak 12 large because it's a monitor or is it large because it is a defibrillator? I'd wager that the defibrillator component adds much more weight than the monitor component.

Yea, but is the lifepak 12 large because it's a monitor or is it large because it is a defibrillator? I'd wager that the defibrillator component adds much more weight than the monitor component.

OK weight is out as a reason. Hummmm. Guess no other reason to change as would still need defib. What was I thinking. Brain Fart sorry. :oops:

Which will be more important, the medical Tricorder, or the Hypo-Spray?

Just keep the hypo-spray filled with Tri-Ox, for when you go to Spock's home world of Vulcan, as the air, by Earth standards, is thinner than in the "mile-high" city of Denver, Colorado.

What to give the Paramedic that has everything!

* yeah, I have to admit, I would like to have one...

R/r 911

How much are they? I have seen no prices. Yes my dust covered whacker kit is calling for a new friend.

But also interested as I wonder if this might be an affordable way for some rural clinics to have 12 lead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.