DNR = Final answer.

Good topic by the way.

Dad pulls out a .45

BANG ! BANG ! Your dead.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read everyone's reply or anything, because I just did not want to. Anyway, it is a valid DNR, signed by both parents. DNR is a legal document. If CPR was intinated already, and the DNR was presented afterwards, just to be safe, I would contact medical command, and inform them, and have the doc give me the order to stop CPR.

With the Paramedic Ninja continues CPR.

Suddenly a sharp 8 inch kitchen knife is found implanted firmly anterior aspect, midline between costa about t4 to t6.

Last thing your hear from the MOM is "YOU BASTARD" leave my child alone !

Yet another Ninja bites the dust !

So if you decide to terminate, now what? Carry him back into the house?

Ah the voice of reason, sorry missed this while reviewing thread a dang good question.

+ 5 8)

cheers

Well with a DNR, thats simple, NO CPR, dad should have known better, but since it was started, contact Medical command and take it from there. That has happened here at a few nursing homes we handle.

Step one. Call for Law Enforcement.

Step two. Mom and dad out of the ambulance. They can open the door when they have the same story.

Step three. Keep working the kid on scene or transport the working code, whatever your flavor.

They had a valid DNR that mom want's to uphold. Dad doesn't want it anymore, apparently. If they can't agree, upon their collective wishes then I would treat the pt. as I would any other kid.

with dnrs it could get sticky but i thought once presented you had to contact med com to get orders to continue or to cease depending on docs decision?

for me personally ,id let the doc decide but id call law enforcement just to keep it quiet you dont need anyone getting antsy or anything cuz then youre going to have more then one patient