MCI

iMac

I need your folks for this one.

I am helping a group of friends practice MCI scenarios for a provincial competition. While being a patient ahum....for them to have casualties I need to manage to come up with some scenarios that will get thinking and challenge their team.

Any advice, thoughts or suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks guys :D

Fire breaks out at a Nursing Home. The nursing home has 150 residents, and 30 staff members. There are two wings of the home, east and west, with the fire being at the west. It's a two floor facility, on the side of a major highway. It's an urban area, and the only open space is at the high school 2 blocks away.

(Not sure how in depth you want, but we ran something like this in my area last year)

There's always the Plane crashes into a train underneath a bridge which is full of cars....but that's too much fun :D .

There's always the Plane crashes into a train underneath a bridge which is full of cars....but that's too much fun :lol: .

Hey! I brought that one to EMT City a while back.

Setup: Yellow School Bus in collision with 2 cars, taking down a power pole, with the bus smoldering. This is approximately 40 patients.

Make sure that you have a rope from the pole draped across at least one of the vehicles, and if the rescuer(s) touch the vehicle, a field judge tells the rescuer(s) that they just got electrocuted. Other rescuers then have to take care of the electrocuted person(s), as well as the drill patients. (When we did this aspect of the drill, we "lost" 10 fire fighters, a LEO, and a Paramedic.).

We almost lost a rescuer when she went totally "Mom" on us, when her daughter was being seen, as, although not active at that time, the daughter had an asthma history, as "Mom" kept reminding us.

As for the "Plane/Train" scenario, as created by the person who created that drill with the school bus, ...

At 1517 hours, on a sunny school day Thursday, a 747 jetliner looses power on final approach to the international airport, drops down too low, and strikes the 10th floor of a 14 story "Project Building". The building pancakes, but spreads combined airplane and building debris on the elevated train track, only yards from the site. A train is coming, the train driver sees the debris, and puts the train into "Emergency Stop" mode, but not in time. The train hits the debris, and the momentum causes the last 2 cars of the 10 car train to derail, and fall off the "El" structure, and land on top of 2 school buses overfilled with 12 to 15 year old middle school students. You're first on the scene. What do you do?

It is alleged that a London, England, "Bobby", when posed with the question, said that he'd take off his uniform, that he may observe, undisturbed, "what the bloody hell was going to happen next!"

This one many feel is inevitable in the town I live in.

We have two major paper mills that use chlorine to whiten the pulp to make white paper. The chlorine comes via rail that runs right through the middle of town. The nightmare scenario is a kind of Bhopal. That the train will derail at night, one of the cars will puncture and whole sleeping neighborhoods will be covered in clouds of chlorine gas.

Like I said many here feel it is just a matter of time.

A twist on the nursing home.....You only have 20 residents, BUT it's a facility that's been converted from a house. You have a hall that's wide enough to get 1 person out at a time and a door at each end. You're in a residential area. The sidewalks in the area aren't good and a number of the residents are in wheel chairs or have walkers.

Also....

We have a lot of anhydrous amonia that is brought in by rail and the tracks run through town. We normally have a wind from the north during the season that this is mostly being used and the elementary school, town hall, the county courthouse (with dispatch), the hospital and most of town is south of the tracks. Our EMS director lives north (could be the crew was north of the area and can't get to the ER). The nearest ER going north is about 1 hr 30 minutes away. Nearest hospital going south is 30 minutes. Flights take 20-50 minutes for fixed wing depending on where they're originating from and 50 minutes for rotor.

As for the "Plane/Train" scenario, as created by the person who created that drill with the school bus, ...

At 1517 hours, on a sunny school day Thursday, a 747 jetliner looses power on final approach to the international airport, drops down too low, and strikes the 10th floor of a 14 story "Project Building". The building pancakes, but spreads combined airplane and building debris on the elevated train track, only yards from the site. A train is coming, the train driver sees the debris, and puts the train into "Emergency Stop" mode, but not in time. The train hits the debris, and the momentum causes the last 2 cars of the 10 car train to derail, and fall off the "El" structure, and land on top of 2 school buses overfilled with 12 to 15 year old middle school students. You're first on the scene. What do you do?

Scribble my resignation onto a run report, sign it, leave it in the truck, and find a bar. :shock:

Scribble my resignation onto a run report, sign it, leave it in the truck, and find a bar. :shock:

That won't work. When American Airlines Flight 587 crashed in my neighborhood, all businesses closed down for the day. The bars hadn't even gotten to opening time yet, and never opened. The local restaurant closed, paid for their "in the house" diner's meals themselves, and then supplied food to the rescuers from food in stock, until he ran out. No restock from "inland", as the LEOs closed down all 3 bridges into Rockaway, and the main roads in from Nassau County. The only way in or out, including residents, was by emergency vehicle, NYPD Aviation Helicopter, or boat to the launching ramp at Beach Channel High School, where they brought the jet's tail fin ashore.

Turn uniform shirt inside out, rub some debris and dirt on my face. Find Red Cross, grab a meal, find a seat with a nice view of the action and enjoy my dinner in peace. Fake my own death, have wife claim millions, meet her in Jamaica and live large as a Ganga dealer. :lol:

ok

tornado hits a small town school - 200 students, school is levelled

Tour bus drives between the bridges on a deserted stretch of highway.

multicar pile up - 30 cars 2 ambulances available

small rural service of 8 full time staff members. school bus crash

school shooting

haz mat incident in the local 12 bed ER. ER is closed down. all your staff members were affected - how do you run the service with no people available to help

hotel fire

nursing home collapse

building collapse

the possibilities are endless

All have happened within the past 5 years.