Citizen Narcan use

this has been discussed in some semblence here. People are for and against it and some were even for it before they were against it.

But I don't see a big deal, they are already injecting stuff in their veins already, why not add one more thing. Call it the Narcoheroincrackmorphine cocktail.

If it saves the life on even one junkie, darn it, it's worth it.

it's all about global warming. The steep decline in the junkie population is in direct correlation to the warming of the earth.

It's gonna be one of Owl Gore's cornerstones of his new advertising campaign.

...some were even for it before they were against it.

ROFL! :lol:

The whole concept is a joke. First of all, most junkies are alone when they OD, so it will never come into play. Second of all, some "friends" are going to get their arses kicked unmercifully when they send their OD'd friends into withdrawal with naloxone. Third of all, the half life of naloxone is not near that of heroin, so the victim is going to go back out again sooner or later. By then, his "friend" is most likely to be gone, and/or have no more naloxone. Fourth of all, these people aren't likely to be seeking professional medical attention at all, and especially since they now have the false sense of security of thinking they have the "cure" in their hands. And fifth of all, junkies are about the least responsible people in society. WTF makes anybody think that they are competent to do this right? And I don't mean just the technique of squirting a syringe. I mean the whole process of keeping the drug available when needed, using it at the appropriate time, and following up with professional medical attention. Not a chance.

This is going to result in more deaths than it will save. Mark my words. Not that I care.

What a great cause! Save the junkies, give them more drugs, that will further the already stressed system! And if they survive long enough to get TRUE medical care, imprison them and move the burden to the tax payers YEA GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you didnt already figure it out BAD IDEA!!!!

Fantastic. More of my tax dollars confiscated for the benefit of the most useless element in our society.

If it saves the life on even one junkie, darn it, it's worth it.

If it saves one junkie, it's a failure in my book. That's a code some poor medic student needs to finish his ride time.

Fantastic. More of my tax dollars confiscated for the benefit of the most useless element in our society.

If it saves one junkie, it's a failure in my book. That's a code some poor medic student needs to finish his ride time.

Don't worry it won't save any junkies. They'll just re-up after they take the naloxone and OD when the naloxone wears off. It will probably increase the number of dead junkies actually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.