Patches & Pins

Classair

Just a simple question regarding patches and pins.

We've all seen them. Badges, collar brass, name plates, sparkly disco-patches, certification pins, and those other pins that people keep trying to sell on ebay...like "CPR Save", and those blue and pink stork pins.

Some folks are REALLY into their pins and patches. What do you wear? What do you like or don't like? Do you wish you'd become a long distance mailman or a ambassador to Elsalvador when you see your co-workers looking like General Patton?

Bonus question, how many patches have you ever seen on a single shirt?

We have a policy that forbids personalization of uniforms. We're Emergency Services, not the girl scouts.. You get a company patch, and the other patch has to be either EMS cert, DOH Rescue cert or a fire cert. No pins, etc.

I have pins on both collars all the way to the back. They include...

CPR save

Pink Stork

Blue Stork

M.A.S.T. certified

Extrication Certified

Star of Life

Caduceus X 2

EMS Angel Pin

EMS Pin

NREMT Pin

NAEMT Pin

EMS/American Flag Pin

Jaws of Life Pin

St Michael Pin

First Aid Certified Pin

AED Certified Pin

Defensive Driving Pin

ACLS Pin

Then I have a 4" button that says Paramedics save lives but EMT's Save Paramedics.

I wear a NREMT patch, state patch, company patch, star of life patch, American Flag patch, a patch with my name on it from Disneyland, and a Marvin the Martian patch.

A big shiny badge with a Star of Life.

On my back I have a 12" patch that says Paramedic.

Between all the patches and pin my shirt weighs about 11 pounds. :wink:

I have pins on both collars all the way to the back. They include...

CPR save

Pink Stork

Blue Stork

M.A.S.T. certified

Extrication Certified

Star of Life

Caduceus X 2

EMS Angel Pin

EMS Pin

NREMT Pin

NAEMT Pin

EMS/American Flag Pin

Jaws of Life Pin

St Michael Pin

First Aid Certified Pin

AED Certified Pin

Defensive Driving Pin

ACLS Pin

Then I have a 4" button that says Paramedics save lives but EMT's Save Paramedics.

I wear a NREMT patch, state patch, company patch, star of life patch, American Flag patch, a patch with my name on it from Disneyland, and a Marvin the Martian patch.

A big shiny badge with a Star of Life.

On my back I have a 12" patch that says Paramedic.

Between all the patches and pin my shirt weighs about 11 pounds. :wink:

Oh my. I hope and pray that your being sarcastic. Have you ever seen office space? You know, the bit on flair?

I think most of us have seen the guys in the red jackets, with either all the patches of companies sponsoring NASCAR, or similar with stuff related to guns and hunting, or Scouting merit badges.

I created a shirt 30 years ago, which had, between EMS, EMT, First Aid, and a bunch of Citizens Band Radio patches, at least thirty patches on it. At least everyone who knew me realized that the shirt was created as a joke.

However, due to my weight gain, I am thinking of making an updated one that fits!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.