AMLS??

EMS2712

I recently completed the AMLS course that is offered through the National Association of EMT's, and also completed my instructor certification in that course. Is there anybody else that has the course implemented into their training curriculum? What are your thoughts on it?

Very interesting course and long overdue. Deals with the common medical calls we get most often. One of the few courses that actually encourages critical thinking (vs memorization of algorithms) with rule-in, rule-out criteria and "possibility to probability" by means of a more comprehensive H&P, and review of some of the more common disease processes.

An excellent, very involved course. Should be mandatory on all Medic courses.

I just hope it doesn't go the way ACLS went :roll:

That was the impression I got with after taking the course. I LOVED the critical thinking aspects of the course. I don't think it will go the way of the ACLS Course as, I don't know think it will catch on like ACLS. One of the rural departments I work for is implementing it this year into our training curriculum, and my full-time department is going to put it in the rotation for next year. I thought is was an excellent course though.

Advanced Medical Life Support is a misnomer. There is nothing advanced about it. This is entry level information. If you attended paramedic school in the last ten years and did not receive this information there, then your school sucked.

But obviously, since the majority of the medic schools in this country suck, AMLS is a very positive thing. Of all the card courses out there, it's the most valuable that I know of.