Uniforms?

BVESBC

@firedoc5...muhaha...it is called "Lederhosen"... :wink: ...yes, we are in the orange jackets...look like the garbage collection here in Germany.... :oops: :lol:

Our garbage collectors don't look that good.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... not good?...like me or like the jacket?... :oops: :wink:

The jacket of course. Here, at least in our area, they don't wear any kind of jacket or vest. It's just dirty old street clothes, t-shirts, whatever. In the summer they'll even go shirtless. But I'm just in a small town. I'm sure in the big cities they may wear an orange vest or something for traffic safety or someting.

You look fine. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

When I worked for CarePlus, we wore a white "oxford" style shirt (i guess that is similar to class A's, but people tend to have differing opinions on that), with our certification patch and the company patch on the arms. We also had the collar brass, which I didn't mind, and a nameplate. We had a choice in pants, and was dependant on what your primary role was. If you were an EMT on the ambulance, you could wear the pants similar to what Dust put up on the front page. If you were on the wheelchair van, you could wear just the straight leg, dark blue dickies. I opted for the ones with the instrument pockets. Then when I went to CLP, we wore a dark blue polo shirt with the company name on them and "EMS" written on the collar in the back, and I wore the same pants. I completely agree with what Dust said about white shirts. I used to hate coming home from the end of a shift at CLP and seeing my shirt in a different light and realizing there were stains of blood all over the thing. Not to mention it was the only shirt they gave me, so I didn't exactly have a choice when someone bled or puked on it other than to try to wipe myself off and go back for more.

My service is volunteer based. Our uniform shirt is navy blue. The last time I wore it in public I was mistaken for an LEO. Prior to the navy blue shirt being used the service used light blue. Pants are either dark blue or black. We also use black or navy military style sweaters. We also use short sleeve navy jumpsuits with a reflective band at the bottom of then sleeve. Personally I would like to see the service using white shirts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.