Carrying Oxygen off duty

What I need is a box like Squad 51 had!

LOL! That thing was like a magician's hat! They could pull an endless string of crap out of there and never empty it. Luckily they kept the Porta-Power and the K-12 on top, so they didn't have to dig through all that silly medical equipment to get to it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly there's no substitue for a good first aid kit in your car.

Forego the oxygen as there is too much liability/risk involved with carrying it in your personal vehicle.

Leave the O2 on the ambulance;-)

LOL! That thing was like a magician's hat! They could pull an endless string of crap out of there and never empty it. Luckily they kept the Porta-Power and the K-12 on top, so they didn't have to dig through all that silly medical equipment to get to it!

Wow, Durham Co. EMS in NC still uses those boxes !

Besides school and Durham EMS, I have not seen boxes used, most places are going with the packs.

"Old Pal" Boxes. I'm talking about the BIG boxes.. Trauma, IV, etc.

Boxes are easier to clean, however they also seem to keep rain water for extreme lengths of time.

I don't need a kit or O2. I have a cell phone and I know the number to 911. When I'm off work, I'm OFF work. Unless, of course, it's someone I love or someone that owes me money.

this is the nj state link for O2 rtk info including is hazards

http://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/1448.pdf

doesn't o2 make you high? and do air planes really have nitrous oxide mixed with its o2?

[web:68736aa8ba]http://www.tubearoo.com/articles/86345/SNL_Happy_Fun_Ball_Anyone.html[/web:68736aa8ba]

BVM are for two person CPR, or one person rescue breathing with the

AHA guidelines saying 1 breath per second and spend more time on the chest, it cant be done with one person doing chest compressions and trying to use a BVM. Hands only CPR is meant for lay rescuers not provider level CPR. As for carrying O2 in a personal kit, it would have to be a very rual place and as such would more than likely be even more of a pain.

Hands only CPR is meant for lay rescuers not provider level CPR.

That's because it's assumed that providers are going to have a mechanical means of ventilating a patient or a barrier device.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.