Finished Paramedic class

I officially passed my paramedic class on Friday. :D I was the only one who showed up to National Registry skills testing on Saturday to pass the first time through with no retests. Now the only thing that stands in my way is the computer test. It scares the crap out of me just thinking about it. Of course I'll still have to pass my service's written test and mega code to work as a paramedic, but one step at a time!

Congrats!

You will do fine. We know it has not been easy for you considering everything else and you have done a great job.

Now, do you want to answer Dust's question or do I need to go ahead and say it?

We all really want to know...

My brain is so fried and I can think of a few things Dust might say...Maybe you should say it.

The last thing I want to do is assume and answer the wrong question; subsequently, sticking my foot in my mouth or sharing information that I otherwise would not disclose. :shock:

Congratulations. Just one more test and you can call yourself my colleague. Ain't it exciting???

That's all I dreamnt about. The only thing that pulled me through the hard days..."I can't wait to call myself Asys' colleague."

The truth is out. I didn't want to become a paramedic to further my education or improve my patient care. I just wanted to impress Asys.

Congrats!

I think if you were able to pass all the stations without a retest then the actual written shouldn't be a problem for you.

I take my tests in about a month or two and am more worried about the skills test. Something about having boston EMS testers watching my every move that makes my hands shake a little.

The written is nothing but a pick the worst of all the evils and go with your first intuition.

You can do it, and good luck!

Now, do you want to answer Dust's question or do I need to go ahead and say it?

LOL! I'm going to guess that he means, did you get a professional degree, or was this just a tech school thing? :lol:

Regardless, congratulations to you! I have full confidence in you doing well on the CBT. I hope you'll have more time to spend with us now that you're out of school!

Congratulations again, and best of luck!

Study, study, study. If you're lucky enough to work on a truck with a good paramedic partner, ask questions about calls. If your partner has a cardiac call, ask him to show you the strips from the call. Utilize your job to learn and understand concepts rather than just memorizing information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.