Quitting Smoking

Hi there all, as many of you know, I was a smoker for 7 and a bit years. This year I decided to quit and on January 14th had my last cigarette as a habitual smoker.

The first couple of weeks I suffered badly with nausea, vomiting, sweating, nightmares and all sorts of symptoms as the nicotine worked its way out of my system. In the last week two weeks I have been having the odd cigarette and the symptoms have been returning after I got through them.

How many people have had symptoms like this when they quit? What was the the worst part in quitting for you and I guess I need help and support as I am finding this so hard at the moment I thought I could do it, but its getting harder and I'm scared of failing. I have roughly one smoke every couple of days and am trying hard not too, but its like a crutch that I'm falling back to using, Please help me.

Scotty

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a topic on this a little while back. Did decent at first. Then I tried that new med Chantix. Seemed to help a lot. But one of rare side effects was syncopal episodes. Evidently I'm one of the rare ones that happens to. And there has been no way I've been able to go cold turkey. So even though I am smoking less, I'm still smoking. So more power to ya.

10 year smoker here....

I "want" to quit, but what would I do while I write up my PCR?

I think it has to be overcome mentally to move on to other avenues.

However, I have heard rave reviews about chantex, but maybe someone could write about how long it lasts and if anyones had any relapse with it.

It sounds great, but sometimes it just sounds too good, and we all know where that old saying takes us.

Man, if it wasn't for the passing out I think I'd have it made with the Chetix too. I may talk with the doc again and try again.

Well, I took the Chantix for about 5-6 weeks. I have been off it for 2 weeks now and have not relapsed yet. My Dr was willing to have me with refills out to 12 weeks to make sure I had was over the addiction and had broke the habit. I am surviving even though my gf smokes. But it has helped her cut way down because she does not smoke around me much!

• 4 weeks later...

New studies in the higher simians have shown as yet unamed wonderdrug (those in the loop call it Twi-Fi-(for its characteristic twin phenyl groups)) have been shown to be what narcan is to a coke head for the average pack-a-day smoker. It will actually be put into a cigarette and inhaled orally (this route will not be confirmed until after human studies and FDA input). Don't give up hope!

Well I didnt make a good quitter I started back again...

But congrats scotty you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only smoked, directly, 2 cigarettes, when I was 13, and an unknown number due to second hand smoke.

By the way, there is a chain drug store just opened in my 'hood. I find it amusing, and a bit perplexing, that, behind the cashier, they have a "Tobacco Shop", and right next to it, the "Stop Smoking" section!

New studies in the higher simians have shown as yet unamed wonderdrug (those in the loop call it Twi-Fi-(for its characteristic twin phenyl groups)) have been shown to be what narcan is to a coke head for the average pack-a-day smoker.

Huh? :?

Did you mix your metaphors there, or are you trying to say that Twi-Fi is useless?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.