Update: Medic band REALLY banned

My observation is not the assorted bands causing trouble, it is the marching units that accompany them. More pride within the band(s) than in the rest of the marchers.

FYI, years ago, pre merger, EMS was invited to march in the big parade, but not with any banners that identified us as the New York City (Health and Hospitals Corporation) Emergency Medical Service. We had our usual minimal 4 person "Ceremonial Display Unit" with US and City of New York flags, in their specially designed uniforms, and, as I had experience as color guard in my VAS, I was asked by a Deputy Chief to carry the flag of Ireland, in a second row behind the CDU, on my lonesome, in the regular dress uniform, with the rest of the EMS EMTs and Paramedics in rows behind me. (Not bad for a German-Russian-Polish Jewish American, huh?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.