Looking for a PCR....

swn919

Hey guys and gals,

I am looking for a general PCR that would be suitable for a basic level(non-transport) volunteer service? If you have one that you could email, fax or know of one online please let me know.

Thanks

Swn919

It would probably be best to check with your state EMS office. Some areas specify what areas need to be on a PCR and they will probably be able to give you examples of what works for your area.

As strange as it might sound, one of the few changes at my old company that I fully endorsed and enjoyed was when they added a narrative continuation sheet. I don't think that there was a single emergency call that I didn't end up having to use it, even if it was for a line or two.

I tend to write a lot.

^ Worst. PCR. Ever.

I’d tend to agree but I like tick boxes lol. The ones we use at uni are the state service ones and it’s pretty much like writing an essay. In my ‘on arrival’ box I wrote a 600 word story and that’s before I did an ‘on examination’ all for a pedestrian hit by a car. Like my lecturer said ‘remember you must document everything little detail that happens, even if you made a clinical mistake’. I’d post a copy of the form but it’s a controlled document and probably to big to fit in the scanner lol!

I hate tick boxes. They serve no purpose as a medical record. They only reason the states put those things on there is so they can do demographic studies. Screw the state. They don't give us any money, so I ain't giving them any stats. Ain't my job to do their job.

Remember folks, this is a MEDICAL record, not an ambulance bill or demographic poll.

At agencies where I have designed or re-designed the PCR, it was nothing but billing and patient ID info at the top, about five lines for vitals, and then the entire bottom half of the page was nothing but blank lines for a narrative, with an anatomical silhouette on the Rt for marking injury locations.

All that patient info should be written out, not just checked off in boxes, most of which having ZERO application to the patient you are charting. Those types of charts are for low-education, illiterate rookies who lack the writing and intellectual skills to narrate, not for educated medical professionals.

All that patient info should be written out, not just checked off in boxes, most of which having ZERO application to the patient you are charting. Those types of charts are for low-education, illiterate rookies who lack the writing and intellectual skills to narrate, not for educated medical professionals.

ROGER!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.