EMS Band Banned

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHHHHHHHHHH,

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

EMS will NEVER get the respect it deserves as long as it is lumped in with the firefighters becuase "firefighters run into burning buildings".. that is just a fact of life and it sucks.

As to the buffoons at the FDNY Pipe and Drum corps, when EMS was separate from FDNY lots of agencies welcomed our pipers and there were not as many problems.

Most FDNY members (read FF's) suffer from the HERO mentality. Just ask them they will tell you.

If I were you Asys I would take FDNY out of your name and call yourself the NYC EMT's and Parameidcs Emerald society Pipe and Drum corps. Or ANYTHING that does not say FDNY, why should they have the honor and privilege of getting good press from what a bunch of Civilians do ?

O.K. I'm done.

FormerEMSLT297, 1987-1997 Putting up with FDNY B.S. NO MORE.

What a bunch of whiney, immature, insecure strokers.

• "You're not part of us, because you're not REAL firemen!"

"Oh, but you can't have your own pipe & drum corps because you are part of us!"

"But you can't join our corps because you're not really part of us!"

• Geeze... make up your minds already, you losers. You're well on your way to squandering every bit of ill-gotten goodwill you garnered from 9/11 with your incessant, childish behaviour and whining. Amazing. :roll:

I will be at the parade, and when FDNY Suppression marches by, I will gladly show them what is under my kilt.

Anyone care to join me?

You mean you wear something under your kilts? :shock: And you're going to do what? :bootyshake:

I think that mediccjh is going to be wearing the actual traditional under his kilt. And that is...

NOTHING!

This is not a comment against mediccjh, it is what they wear, or more correctly what they don't wear, under the kilt. My source of information is friends in a local bagpipe band.

Also don't call a kilt a dress, because that might get you kilt!

I know it would never work with there being so much pride, seperation of intities, and just good old fashion despise of everyone involved, and no one would want to do it but wouldn't it be nice if there could be a merging of all agencies and call it "Departments of Emergency Response Teams" (D.E.R.T.) Having mamebers play from the fire, police, EMS, and rescue? And it wouldn't necesarrily have to be a band. Just find something that members would enjoy doing. :wav:

That would make sense.

BUT...

We ARE, after all, talking about the City of New York, where if it makes sense, it is probably against someone's rules, regulations, and laws! Ask any NYC employee, or former city employee for confirmation!

Why am I NOT surprised….

NYC Fire Department: 200 years of prejudice filled tradition unimpeded by progress or good judgment.

Hey, we are the only city that NIMS (a system with over 30 years of blood spilt refinement) was found by our fearless leaders to be no good for New York emergencies…

So they all got together over donuts and created a BETTER system…

CIMS

It would be funny if it wasn’t true…

-ntg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.