Fainting FF can not pass paramedic clinicals...

I found this an interesting article.

The department is requiring him to attend medic school yet he faints every time he does any type of injection.

My question is how does he even function as an EMT? Isn't he exposed to these sightings on a regular basis, or is it only when he does it that it causes the syncopal episode?

Another possibility is these are pseudo syncopies in order to get out of doing it since he is being forced to become a medic.

Who knows???

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2008/mar/06/0306_faint/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, fainting when giving an injection. That's ludicrous. Hypnotism - come on.

If the guy can't do injections then as a paramedic he would only be half a medic. Aren't IV's an important part of the job?

Sounds like they gave him many chances to reform or fix the issue and he failed each time.

let him go to work somewhere that they don't do injections. Sorry to be harsh but if you faint while doing injections or IV's then you don't qualify as a medic. Simple as that.

I don't know that it would be hard for an EMT who didn't want to witness injections or cannulation to avoid the exposure. But you'd think that if a needle stick to someone else gave him problems then there's much worse to be seen that could cause problems, too.

The article did say he was still on probation. Seems like he might not have much of a case based on that alone. That'll depend on Florida law.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

-be safe

:roll: I can't believe this guy is actually suing now. If you can't perform the tasks required at any job, you go down the road. I wonder why he feels entitled to have the job if he can't perform it?

I think he's just a panty waist wussy.

Funny thing is now everyone knows he's a panty waist wussy. Thanks to the internet and the media.

I don't think I could show my face in the area again after that news story. I'd have to move out of state to somewhere that doesn't have google.

I think he's just a panty waist wussy.

Funny thing is now everyone knows he's a panty waist wussy. Thanks to the internet and the media.

I don't think I could show my face in the area again after that news story. I'd have to move out of state to somewhere that doesn't have google.

:laughing3: :headbang:

I hope he's not a member here?

Which leads me to a question. We post a lot of news stories and stories with some bad things that have happened.

I wonder if any of those stories were about any of the members on this site?

begs the question.

I wonder if any of those stories were about any of the members on this site?

Like a lot of good old topics, it is no longer here for some reason. But there was at least one instance of that. Remember when Nate got arrested by some dickhead city cop and fire marshal for making an emergency run in their city limits, after the city's own dispatcher had cleared him to do so? I think a few of us had started posting on that before we realised it was him, since we didn't know his last name.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has happened other times before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.