Never Remove An Impaled....

firedoc5

We all know one of the cardinal rules of EMS is "Never Remove An Impaled Foreign Object". This especially came more into light with the death of Steve Irwin.

During an uptown celebration of some kind, parade, festival, type of thing. There was a report of a boy with a steel rod stabbed into his arm. Up around the town square court house there is a fence that at the top of each post was a pointed spade. (Not real bright to begin with but it looked nice). But a 12 yr. old boy was walking along balancing near the railing when he slipped. He ran one of those spades right through his left bicep. I'm not sure of all the particulars because I was running a full arrest on the other side of the square. But during treating and discussion on how to extricate his arm one of the guys said something to the effect of getting the sawz-all to "cut it off". Understandably the kid misunderstood him and thought they meant to cut his arm off. He freaked and he yanked his arm right off that point. How it didn't rip out the bicep muscle nobody knows. They did surgery locally then flew him to St.Louis. A few years later we saw him and he showed us his arm. Other than a massive scar and some decreased extension, he had no significant deficits. And financially, let's just say his grandkids won't be hurting.

Little Johnny was late to school, again. His teacher was livid because of Little Johnny's chronic tardiness.

"Little Johnny, you're late again !!!"

Little Johnny replies. "But teacher, I have a really good excuse this time. My uncle was walking me to school this morning. We were crossing the street and he bent down to tie his shoe. One of those old-timey cars with the crank handle on front hit him and the handle went straight up his ass."

"Little Johnny, you shouldn't say ass, you should say rectum."

"Rectum hell, it damn near killed him !!!"

Shayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.