how hard is it to get U.S citizenship

but anyway, this site might help

http://www.uscitizenship.info/

Sorry mate, I assume this was found in a google search. I would avoid those many web sites which have things such as "win a green card" ads on them, they are a rip off an no-one can process your application faster than anyone else, in spite of their claims. Its filling a gap in a market to rip off gullible wannabe immigrants to the US.

Here is the official "dot-gov" US immigration website, and the only place you should be looking.

It will usually take many years for a UK citizen to become a US citizen and you need to have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 5 years before you can apply. I would look at what is required for that first.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check here for details: www.uscis.gov

Also, applying for an immigrant visa at your local U.S. Consulate might be a good start.

Crossing the border illegally isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. Also, as a Non-Mexican, if caught, you'll be sent before an immigration judge and formally deported. That will delay your hopes of being here legally for at least five years. Possibly ten.

Marrying a U.S. Citizen won't get you citizenship. It might not even get you a visa.

Anyway, just my two cents. Good luck in your endeavors.

how hard would it b 4 me to get U.S citizenship??

Do you actually want/need citizenship, or just legal residency and work?

Citizenship is a pretty long and complicated road. But getting a visa to live and work here forever is no big deal, so long as you have skills.

Citizenship is a pretty long and complicated road.
Not to mention expensive.
so long as you have skills.
And as long as those skills are on " The List". IE: Nursing

I forgot about a non-immigrant visa. You can apply for an H-1B visa (Alien in a Specialty Occupation) The duration is for three years on that one, and you can attempt to adjust your status to legal permanent resident. There is also H-1C specifically for Nurses. Either of those will "get your foot in the door." There is a shortage of Nursing professionals resulting in this visa classification, or so states my field guide.

Just another two cents.

Marry some one here that is easy........LMAO

sorry been awhile since i had time to read and post and that was my first thought.

Google it and you should find everything you need there.

terr

Assuming the above is a genuine loophole in the law, marriage to a US citizen still does not provide nor guarantee citizenship. The requirement just to apply for naturalization is something which requires 3 - 5 years of permanent residency within the US, regardless of State. It is a multi step process which is dependant upon many factors, and yes, you do have to pass a test on the US English language, and US history. The INS (now USCIS) got wise to the border-hopping quickie-weddings years ago, and rightly so.

Probably easier however, to apply for Cuban Citizenship then claim US asylum :roll: :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.