Hostile work enviroment

I’m not from America but you still should be able to approach your ‘boss’ they should have a non bias approach to your problems. Failing this maybe a state officer or office? It really depends on what your problem is…

1. HR should handle any complaints about a hostile workplace [it, quite humerous, was actually a query asked during my exit interview].

2. If you feel that it is an honest hostile work enviroment, my suggestion would be to stop working there. Given the amount of time in a week that an average EMS provider spends at work (especially with 24 hour shifts), it simply isn't worth the stress if you can find another job.

Click here to read one thread with some good suggestions. Carefully documenting every instance of what's bothering you, and then asking for a reality-check about them from someone you can trust who's not at your workplace, are first steps. Plenty of seasoned people right on this board would be likely to give you counsel.

One more thing: If you choose to describe your problem on this message board, do not include any information from which readers could identify you or your workplace. Because for all you know, someone at your workplace whom you believe is hostile to you might read it and use what you say against you.

One more thing: If you choose to describe your problem on this message board, do not include any information from which readers could identify you or your workplace. Because for all you know, someone at your workplace whom you believe is hostile to you might read it and use what you say against you.

Look Michael, I have apologized 1,000 times for letting everyone know you like to wear a thong under your uniform. Geez!!!! :D

there are four words that strike terror in the HR department. Hostile Workplace (and) Sexual Harassment

Be prepared to give concrete examples.

the reason why those words are so feared or worrisome is that they are usually followed by subpoena's to be witnesses or a serving of lawsuit pie.

Who do you go to and who do you talk to when you have no one whom you can trust at the place you are employed at?????

That's how I figured out that it was time to quit working there and move on.

See, this is exactly what can go wrong when people rely on their uncorroborated impressions. :lol:

So are you trying to say there is something wrong with phrenology. My Phrenologist says I am going to be an oil millionaire with many fine homes in Essex due to my comparative sagacity. Still waiting, should be any day now. Yep, any day now.

Modern Phrenology

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.