Woman dies onboard airplane with faulty equipment

JPINFV

you are soooooo correct - Medics save lives, emt's save medics and er docs save the world.

Actually, your missing the point. A medic would have mistakenly pronounced her dead and she would have been 'revived' by the coroner. ER docs and nurses just don't know how to save a life by declaring a death. :twisted:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious... I wonder what their protocols are on checking that the O2 tanks are full and that the AED is working...

If both tanks were empty and the AED wasn't working properly, it appears someone wasn't doing their job...

I can tell you from experience that those things aren't exactly maintained with the same precision the pilots do their pre-flight checks. It is not at all uncommon to find airline medical oxygen tanks empty. In fact, it's not at all uncommon to find airline medical kits empty too. Last time I rendered care on an airline flight, they brought me all three med kits, and all three of them were sealed (meaning certified to be complete), yet all were missing multiple critical items. Even though they are to be removed from service, inspected, and restocked if the seal is broken for any reason, apparently, there is no "protocol" to stock these things that assures completeness. I guess if it looks full to the flunkee who zips it up, then that's good enough.

Here is the FAA list of required medical components on commercial flights.

:roll:

Everybody's favorite reactionary whackjob Nancy Grace is apparently going to be "investingating" this tonight.

I don't know how she finds time to "investigate" anything with all the time she spends promoting her test tube babies on the air. :roll:

Even though they are to be removed from service, inspected, and restocked if the seal is broken for any reason, apparently, there is no "protocol" to stock these things that assures completeness.

Ahh, so THAT'S where my company found the employees that restock our ambulances over night.

Historical note: What are now called Air Cabin or In Flight attendants, formerly "Stewardesses", used to be required to be Registered Nurses, and didn't actually fly, instead, they'd check on passengers (patients?) at each airport stop the plane made.

Historical note: What are now called Air Cabin or In Flight attendants, formerly "Stewardesses", used to be required to be Registered Nurses, and didn't actually fly, instead, they'd check on passengers (patients?) at each airport stop the plane made.

Oh, how I miss the good ol' days!

It's sort of like EMS; just getting worse with time instead of progressing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.