speed limit??

Steven H

I can assure you sir, that you would never, repeat never obtain 100+ mph with me in the back. It doesn't matter what the road conditions, traffic volume etc is, I'd call the cops myself from the back of the ambulance if I noticed this.

That is just ludicrous. I can not think of one situation that would require such speeds. Other than the wacker factor of course.

Nor me..in the front or the back. I would not be in this ambulance........wait.......YOU would not be in this ambulance for very long. This is ridiculous and unwarranted in any situation.

You hit the nail on the head with "wacker factor".

Next........

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This 'safe for the conditions' crap is a load of BS. There are NO conditions where it is safe to drive any ambulance that fast. Your tires aren't even rated to that speed, genius. The roads don't have to be crowded or slick for your tire to blow out and kill you all.

Sacked.

I can assure you sir, that you would never, repeat never obtain 100+ mph with me in the back. It doesn't matter what the road conditions, traffic volume etc is, I'd call the cops myself from the back of the ambulance if I noticed this.

That is just ludicrous. I can not think of one situation that would require such speeds. Other than the wacker factor of course.

In the long distances out west, it is perfectly safe. I should have mentioned this is on an Interstate or highway where the roads were originally designed for 75 mph.

When it is clear and dry, no problem -unless a tire failure.

Never travel this fast with a patient and personnel in the back.

Drive smoothly and gently.

Huh...? :shock:

In what state is it legal and expected to run over cyclists?

I want to move there! :twisted:

In CA, motorcyclists may travel on the lane markings between other vehicles stopped on the roadway.

Still unacceptable. If for nothing else, your truck is not built for that speed. Before all the equipment was put in and reinforcements taken out, it still would have a hard time sustaining that speed safely. #-o

Freakin' cowboys :joker:

(not texas individuals, per se..lol)

Still unacceptable. If for nothing else, your truck is not built for that speed. Before all the equipment was put in and reinforcements taken out, it still would have a hard time sustaining that speed safely.

Freakin' cowboys

Close.

Common practice in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana.

Most vehicles are engineered for that speed. And tires ARE rated over that speed.

But you do want to be gentle on the rig, engine, drive-train and suspension. So none of this on rough roads.

Eh, 100% stupid, but not out of this world unbelievable. When crews have miles of 4 -5 lane highways (with 2 emergency lanes) with zero traffic at 3AM on a Sunday night and a brick wall barrier preventing random cars from suddenly merging in, EMTs get a bit carried away at times. Not condoning it, by any means and would get you fired, but it's not call the cops crazy....least I think (unless you have patient in the back or something)

Eh, 100% stupid, but not out of this world unbelievable. When crews have miles of 4 -5 lane highways (with 2 emergency lanes) with zero traffic at 3AM on a Sunday night and a brick wall barrier preventing random cars from suddenly merging in,(unless you have patient in the back or something)
NOT AT NIGHT!

There may be deer or elk. Plus 100 mph is far out-running the headlights.

Bright daytime with excellent visibility.

Getting to a patient. No patient on board.

Only 25 mph over the posted speed limit.

In Montana, there were no speed limits!

A dear or elk in Los Angeles? I wanna see that car accident. Besides, 3am on a freeway, just about every car on the road is doing 80-100.

/never hit 100 in an ambulance. Hit 100 a few times in my POV on the 5 freeway driving between Orange County and San Diego.

Freeways here are separated by brick walls or fences, so no surprise cars or animals. With high beams on, you can see ahead of your quite a distance. Of course, I'm just lowering the craziness of reaching 100+ Regardless of all arguments, when you reach those speed and random stuff goes wrong, whether your fault or not, the consequences are going to be worse than if you were going 65.

Anyway you put it, in the end, it's still stupid and will get you fired or someone hurt. Like I said, I usually drive pretty conservatively at work....now in my personal car...that's a different story...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.