speed limit??

Steven H

Gas prices? I was plesently surprised when I first moved to Boston that gas was still under $3/gallon. It never dawned on me that I might also go 4 months without buying gas.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...inexpensive public transportation...

There's no such thing.

Public transportation is the reason your state income and property taxes are so friggin' high. Not exactly "inexpensive".

You know what they say about this though Richard. " If you''re getting passed on the right, then you're in the wrong lane! :P

In Michigan, when running 'code' 'hot' or what ever term you use to describe running with lights and sirens, the motor vehicle code CLEARLY states that the emergency vehicle will bear to the LEFT at all times. This is right under the part about driving no more than 10 mph over the 'prima facie speed limit (posted speed limit).

NO!

There are places with no traffic, great visibility, clean, dry, smooth pavement.

We have attained over 100 mph at such places.

In such conditions it would be ridiculous to restrict speed to 10 mph over the posted speed limit. (At those speeds I worry about tire failure, but they are well below the speed ratings.)

First off Robert, if you were with any credible company, you would be fired on the spot.

In one of your later posts, you said the rated speed for the tires was 106 mph. 100 mph is NOT 'well below the speed ratings'!

Second of all, even if the vehicle in it's best mechanically operating condition WAS able to sustain such abuse, it doesn't mean you HAVE to abuse the vehicle in that manner!

There is NO situation that can be used to justify such a reckless disregard for public safety, abuse of the vehicle, or the lack of common sense you have admitted to when you stated that you've attained speeds of 100 + mph!

At that speed, any little thing can cause you to completely destroy the truck, kill you/your partner/ and anyone that just happens to be around you. If you feel the need to drive at those speeds, I suggest you buy your own race car and enter it at the local track, where those speeds are 'justified'. Until then, stop watching NASCAR, because you're obviously too young and impressionable.

Not only are your actions reckless, but they're criminal as well. And if you don't think that ambulances can be pulled over for reckless driving (which includes excessive speeds), you need to think again!

As far as your statements of 'there were no speed limits', that 'justification' holds no water either. Same goes for the 'clear, dry, strait surfaces.

If you're driving '10 or 15 miles in the middle of nowhere'...then you should be driving with even more caution, due to animals that might enter your path. The lights and sirens do nothing more than daze and confuse them!

My personal suggestion for you is to turn the keys over to a more RESPONSIBLE driver, and do NOT touch them again until you have gotten over this 'need for speed' phase you seem to be stuck in!

There's no such thing.

Public transportation is the reason your state income and property taxes are so friggin' high. Not exactly "inexpensive".

I mention in passing that the fare for one ride on a bus or subway, including one free transfer between either one bus line to another, a bus line to a subway train line, or a subway train line to a bus (if done within 2 hours of "entering the system") is only $2.00.

I am told there are transit systems that charge $3.00 and up for going one way, without transfers. Therefore, I maintain that $2.00 ain't too bad.

In Boston it's 2.00 a trip with free transfers (you don't even leave the paid area to switch from one line to another) and $60 a month for unlimited bus and subway use. Of course the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) is in extreme debt.

I was always taught that I was the most important person on the call, then my partner, then the patient. If your running at excessive speeds that endangers me and I will call your a$$ on the floor for reakless endangerment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.