I am proud to announce

I am now ACLS certified. This is probably no big deal for those of you who have been paramedics for a while but I am very proud of myself. They ran 4 different arrhythmias on me, beginning with an MI and going through stable and unstable Vtach, Vfib, Asystole and finally symptomatic bradycardia. I took my time, kept my cool and did very well. I passed the written test too.

I don't know how other programs are, but it is a must pass for mine. Anyone who fails this is out of the paramedic program. It's under 3 months to graduation so that would have been a major blow.

Now that this is over, I have meniscus surgery tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good for you girl! Not that I had any real concerns....

Chin up for your surgery. I'll be sending you happy thoughts!

(My experience with Chip-n-Dale dancers is limited, so I'll have to send thoughts with flowers and smiling kids instead! Watch for them!)

Let us know how it went when you can...OK?

Dwayne

gosh.. i am so flattered that you all care...

I had a bucket handle tear of the lateral meniscus - It was scoped on Wednesday, I was in class on Friday and will be going to clinicals tomorrow. I spent the weekend exercising and icing and things are going really well. I hope to be back to ride time on Saturday.

I looked over the surgery notes after I came out of anasthesia. I brady'd down on them - HR below 40 - I must have been hypotensive too.. because they gave me 675ml of fluid and 15 mg of ephidrine. - Pilots say that any landing you walk away from is a good one. I guess the same can be said of anaesthesia.

Compared to ACL reconstruction I had a couple of years ago, the meniscus is a walk in the park.

Once again.. thanks for asking

Compared to ACL reconstruction I had a couple of years ago, the meniscus is a walk in the park.

I believe it. Ortho is definitely not my thing (always my lowest board scores), but I am in physical therapy right now with some post ACL repair patients, and they are having a hard time. Doesn't look like fun to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.