EMT Programs in Alberta

lscilley

Comanche So just what does THAT mean ? but thanks for that everyone does call me an angle.

Whatever, the inuendo could suggest something negative, just dunno and not really following your train of thought. Anyway the simple mathmatical facts are that MANY schools out there are hard pressed with the large numbers of students and available positions. Hospital placements for Paramedics I believe are one of the most strained as many "gas passers" have residents and an O.R. placement's are really tight.

The present trend with EDM and Calgary doing such massive hiring these days really complicates the situation, do you take a student and ride them 3rd on a car OR a new employee ? Not really rocket surgery here.

I do know that some schools HAVE looked beyond our borders and stepped out into the International arena, sweet.

I believe that CCEMS is one of them and have provided opportunities in Baton Rouge (other areas in Lousiana) and what a great opportunity for student(s) with high call volumes and you get to learn other languages...te he.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I went to NAIT and I enjoyed it. The part-time aspect worked very well for me being a mother of two young boys. I found most of the instructors to be very knowledgeable, however, there were one or two whose presence as intstructors I questioned.

• 4 months later...

Took mine at Flatline Response. People were excellent!!! Classes were well run and I got lots of one to one with the instructors. Must be an OK place to go - I understand they got their CMA accreditation and I'm sure they don't hand out that out easily.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.