D5 1/2 NS for hangover...

Ecnalubma08

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never did it myself but many times at the start of the shift I'd to out into the bay and hear guys sucking on O2 to get rid of a hangover. Most said it seemed to help.

Y'all should be smarter than to drink heavily the night before you have to work! Durh!

Never had to be rehydrated for alcohol consumption related reasons. Now, I did get to have a good friend and coworker on the Boy Scout ranch start an IV on me for stupidity related reasons... (you'd think admonishing scouts to drink water and cut-gatorade all day would stick in my brain somewhere in the "you better do the same" category..)

Let me tell you, I would have whacked him for playing "Warm arm... COLD ARM!" with the drip rate, but I was too out of it lol.

Isn't it amazing what a simple bag of NS will do for one? :D

Wendy

CO EMT-B

the ultimate is a banana bag (IV vitamins) but LR is better than NS, NS is better than nothing...

Y'all should be smarter than to drink heavily the night before you have to work! Durh!
...and miss the fun!? Yeah, RIGHT!!! I'd rather deal with the consequences the next day...at least for a few more years :lol:

ahhh the famous banana bag! yes...yes this is true! Hey it's what we administer to the Hx of ETOH pts in the hospital!
Here they just let 'em sober up on our gurney beds then hope that they AMA (waited 4.5 hours two nights ago w/ an 18yro girl who walked into her AA meeting plastered)

Here they just let 'em sober up on our gurney beds then hope that they AMA (waited 4.5 hours two nights ago w/ an 18yro girl who walked into her AA meeting plastered)

City medicine vs suburb medicine. I Love It!!! I saw it when I was doing my clinical in Philly vs my busy suburb hospital that does a full panel with C-collars, and head CT to rule out bleeds. No patients gets out of our hospital upset and drunk. Ya get tied down for your safety vs the city where they just watch them walk out and don't even blink about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.