500lb man sues FDNY for droping him

akflightmedic

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've long thought that punitive damages should go to charity.

You get your $5 million dollar settlement, go home with the $100,000 needed to repair your scraped knee, and cancer research gets a much needed $4.9 million dollar payday.

No one is encouraged to sue frivalously, rich people/entities get punished based on an amount necessary to sting them a bit, and we all get to feel better for it at the end of the day....

No...no need to thank me. Solving the world's problems in a few paragraphs is just a hobby of mine....

Dwayne

how about this,

I like your idea Dwayne but lets modify it a tad...

he is awarded the 5 mil, then court ordered Gastric bypass or some other form of weightloss program to lose at least half the weight, then ... a portion, instead of being awarded to the PT, make FDNY spend that money to invest in the electric cots and added resources to make life a bit easier on over worked and most likely fatigued crews, then whats left after that to the charity of the PT's choosing ... mind you it has to be a recognized ligitimate charity that they themselves will not benifit from..

Just a thought

James Maietta should be charged with endangerment of public safety officers. The man should have moved down to a bottom floor when he realized he was going to be immobile.

Can you imagine 500 lps of human rolling over you if you were the firefighter at the end of the feet??

James Maietta should be charged with endangerment of public safety officers. The man should have moved down to a bottom floor when he realized he was going to be immobile.

Can you imagine 500 lps of human rolling over you if you were the firefighter at the end of the feet??

Can you imagine the goo left on you after? :puke:

Have you seen the price of Twinkies?

...And if you're going for the extra early death.. Try deep-fried twinkies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Twinkie

I thought this image was quite fitting.. Deep fried America.

[align=center:0334eb1f0a]deep_fried_america.jpg[/align:0334eb1f0a]

Maybe he can now afford to join weight watchers :lol:

:shock: I didnt say that lol :wink:

Yes you did, and out loud, too!

As for the guy at the downhill end after the falling down upon, is he IN goo, or IS HE goo?

Yes you did, and out loud, too!

As for the guy at the downhill end after the falling down upon, is he IN goo, or IS HE goo?

I think that is what is left of the FF !

Goo= Innards, outards, and everything else left over after a human roller gets ya.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.