What to do about a jerk partner?

Beeb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once worked with a guy whose sleep was disturbed by the birds chirping in the bay. He proceeded to climb a ladder and killed the birds; he also lacked anything coming close to reasonable interpersonal skills and could only carry on a conversation related to Star Trek. He once bought a scorpion and placed it in the box where it escaped from it's box. You should have seen the look on his partners face when he admitted it was gone. What finally sent him packing was when he maced a fellow co worker during an argument. It wasn't his lack of job related skills but his utter lack of people skills and that's generally true of 80% of the people who get fired from a job. They're just plain obnoxious people who lack the ability to relate to anyone else. They should be working the night shift in a security shack somewhere, alone. Too bad there isn't a better test to pass than the EMT/paramedic test. Maybe if paramedics were paid better than garbage workers who pick the trash up, we could be more selective about who works in EMS.

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather work with an affable but skill impaired partner or a sharp as a tack total jerk. I wonder if my partner thinks the same thing? Yikes, could it be ME?? :twisted: :twisted:

Holy Crap batman, that partner sounds like a mass murderer in the making.

He should have been arrested for the mace.

• 2 weeks later...

The good lord has answered my prayers and transferred me to another shift starting in 2 weeks! My new partner is somebody I've run with before and get along swimmingly with. The guy taking my spot actually asked to be assigned to Mr. Abrasive, thinking he'll be able to get along with him. He 3rd rode with us the other day & it looks like he really might. They seemed to get on pretty well. God help him!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.