What to do about a jerk partner?

Beeb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea..EmsChic69... like your point. Kill em with kindness. I have done that before at my job with people that "think they are all that"! And I'm like " Ahh, no" "No one is better than someone else. And I am living proof it works like a charm.

Remember we are here to help people.

"Can't we all just get along?" lol

I wonder why the "jerks" became medics. It doesn't look like there is any compassion toward patients as well as everybody around. It looks more like the "jerks" wants to play god, have pride, and impress nurses or females around. They won't last long if they keep that up. I have worked with strange people in my times and I can't stand the ones that are jerks and bad attitudes.

The reason why I became an EMT was in God's hands by helping people...not just for money and not to play god or be better than everybody. Kindness can kill a person.

Woooo hooo... I just found out that I'm not paired with him for my next shift.

I nearly peed my pants...

Oh and Reaper, the pay sucks. =] But... we're never busy.

:P

I once worked with a guy whose sleep was disturbed by the birds chirping in the bay. He proceeded to climb a ladder and killed the birds; he also lacked anything coming close to reasonable interpersonal skills and could only carry on a conversation related to Star Trek. He once bought a scorpion and placed it in the box where it escaped from it's box. You should have seen the look on his partners face when he admitted it was gone. What finally sent him packing was when he maced a fellow co worker during an argument. It wasn't his lack of job related skills but his utter lack of people skills and that's generally true of 80% of the people who get fired from a job. They're just plain obnoxious people who lack the ability to relate to anyone else. They should be working the night shift in a security shack somewhere, alone. Too bad there isn't a better test to pass than the EMT/paramedic test. Maybe if paramedics were paid better than garbage workers who pick the trash up, we could be more selective about who works in EMS.

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather work with an affable but skill impaired partner or a sharp as a tack total jerk. I wonder if my partner thinks the same thing? Yikes, could it be ME?? :twisted: :twisted:

While I could probably hold my own in a Star Trek conversation, nobody'd sell me pepper-spray (perhaps the ax slung over my shoulder? LOL). I don't like ladders too much, while I might use one to clear away a nest so the birds would not have a home to sing from. I cannot fight, so I throw an ineffective punch, and then I'm a road pizza, courtesy the other guy.

As for the scorpion, did anyone find it? Or worse, did the scorpion find any crew personnel?

Just don't go with a "Blanket Party," as there possibly can and will be arrests, trials and incarceration following one.

A "Blanket Party" is, the disliked person (polite wording) has a blanket thrown over them so they cannot see who is doing it, and all the other participants in the group pummel the individual through the blanket. Translate that to read they beat the crap out of them.

I suspect that a "Regimental Bath" might have similar undertones, but I'll wait and see what it is, as per Plonker-Bert's definition.

FYI: The scorpion was found, flattened in the side door entry. He apparently stepped on it in a frantic search to save his ass. Too bad it didn't sting him first, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.