What to do about a jerk partner?

Beeb

When I'm told about a problem person like this,I immediately ask to be that persons partner!

The day starts off with me saying....So your the new idiot everyone hates.Then I call dispatch and tell them to give us all the transports and 911 calls they got......this is about 15-20 calls.....Your 12 hour shift will feel like a 24 shift after riding with me.No lunch no sleep and plenty of stair chair jobs.

I like that. :thumbup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just might end up in that body bag, because our last shift sucked. Not because of the calls we received, but because he is a giant assbag.

There's just no other way I can put it. He decided to let loose with every insult he could; my age, my weight, even what brand of vehicle I drive; him thinking the entire time that he was being charming and amusing. Even after I told him he's not funny and he should shut the hell up, he kept on hammering away at me. I didn't want to do it because I don't want to be known as a rat, but I caught him on a non patient care (but serious nonetheless) procedural violation, so I wrote him up to our superiors. The fact that's he's a paramedic and I'm a lowly EMT-I no longer matters. His violation (which I'll tell you about if he gets fired) would result in both of us losing our jobs; him for doing it and me for not turning him in sooner. As I said in the original post, I have a family and a mortgage, so I'm not gonna lose my good paying gig because of medic with a Christ complex.

I won't know the result of any of this until at least next Tuesday, so I'll get back to you with an update.

He just might end up in that body bag, because our last shift sucked. Not because of the calls we received, but because he is a giant assbag.

There's just no other way I can put it. He decided to let loose with every insult he could; my age, my weight, even what brand of vehicle I drive; him thinking the entire time that he was being charming and amusing. Even after I told him he's not funny and he should shut the hell up, he kept on hammering away at me. I didn't want to do it because I don't want to be known as a rat, but I caught him on a non patient care (but serious nonetheless) procedural violation, so I wrote him up to our superiors. The fact that's he's a paramedic and I'm a lowly EMT-I no longer matters. His violation (which I'll tell you about if he gets fired) would result in both of us losing our jobs; him for doing it and me for not turning him in sooner. As I said in the original post, I have a family and a mortgage, so I'm not gonna lose my good paying gig because of medic with a Christ complex.

I won't know the result of any of this until at least next Tuesday, so I'll get back to you with an update.

You hold, I'll wrap.

How about working with a paramedic who pretends not to hear you (or maybe he cant), his patient, or dispatch?

How about sitting in an ambulance station for 16 hours, no calls, with a medic who won't speak to you, or help you with station duties?

The only effin time he hears me is when I finally get pi$$ed off enough to call him names in a low tone...

How about working with a paramedic who pretty much tells you that the only thing he wants you to do is drive?

I can't stand this guy. Our boss won't even work with him. He's old, stubborn, and his bedside manner sucks a$$.

He will not have a conversation with you or speak to you. It doesn't matter if you have a question about the call or if you're just saying "hey how ya doin?".

We only run one ambulance out of our paid station. So, two crew members... a partner who doesn't talk... 16 hours of that just plain sucks.

Our boss is always asking the other partner (which would be me 99% of the time) if the medic has done his station duties. He never does... and won't be fired because we are hurting for paramedics.

Sometimes, there really isn't any way to deal with a bad partner...

Sorry, but I had to get in on the rant. :lol:

You know they make cattle prods that would get his butt in gear and mouth-a- going. THAT would get something moving. :violent3:

Well... he'd probably give me the same dumb look he gives me all the time... so I wouldn't know how effective that would be... haha.

I'd like to light his butt on fire just to see him move...

Hmmmmm....!

Well... he'd probably give me the same dumb look he gives me all the time... so I wouldn't know how effective that would be... haha.

I'd like to light his butt on fire just to see him move...

Hmmmmm....!

That could be arrainged.

He will not have a conversation with you or speak to you. It doesn't matter if you have a question about the call or if you're just saying "hey how ya doin?".

I wish this guy would not speak to me. The only thing that comes out his stinking halitosis laced smoke hole is smart ass comments & insults.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.