Recommendations for Paramedic Program in MA

soccer35

Yeah... It's a website. It's not exactly the be-all-end-all in EMS, now is it? You're reading WAY too much into the site.

Too much? What part of what I "read into it" is incorrect? Did I say anything inaccurate? Explain.

I read into it exactly what they wrote into it, and that is exactly what anybody else who reads it for the first time will see. I know it's hard to be objective about your buddies' website, because you know more about the actual programme. But the purpose of a website is to sell a product to new customers, and support existing customers. This website does none of the above. The best that can be said about the content about the website is that it tells people they offer EMS training, and it gives them a way to contact them for information. Period. And that's a good thing, because the website itself gives ZERO information about the programmes.

I don't care what the site says, I care about what my colleagues have to say about the programs. The site is just an easy way for me to know what classes are coming up.

Yeah, but they already have your money. It's prospective students, paying thousands of dollars for the big courses, that keep that business afloat, not the occasional CPR or PALS student. Already being a provider yourself, you know exactly what you are looking for and what it means. Somebody looking for initial training couldn't make heads or tails of that site.

What certs will the students get? I though that was straightforward enough, EMT-P/NREMT-P/ACLS/PALS. I've never heard of a medic class in this area that doesn't get you NREMT (in RI it's required), so putting it there would be a little unnecessary...

Unnecessary to somebody who already has it, like yourself. But wholly necessary to somebody who is just now looking into the career and training, wouldn't you agree? And again, those are the people they need to be communicating with.

Anywhoo... regardless of what you think of their webmasters HTML skills, the instruction is phenomenal.

First of all, you are demonstrating that you are either intellectually incapable of understanding what I said, or else you are simply unwilling to admit it. This has nothing to do with the "HTML skills" of their webmaster. The website looks great, graphically. This is about the CONTENT of the website. That is not the webmaster's concern. That is the concern of the business owners. It is THEIR product that is being promoted, and they are the ones responsible for assuring it is done. Which brings us to the second point, how in hell is anybody supposed to know from that website that their instruction is "phenomenal?" The talk more about golf and the IAFF than the quality of their programme. If you've got it, flaunt it! If you are teh awes0m3, shouldn't you be projecting that to your prospective customers? These guys aren't. They're just saying, "Hi. We are firemen who love golf, and we have EMT classes that cost this much. Thank you."

I would like to see your idea of a good EMS education site though.

You actually need to see an example of what it means to list your curriculum and educational credentials on a website? You honestly can't visualise that?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see your idea of a good EMS education site though.

www.techproservices.net Simple site but tons of information about courses, about instructors, etc. You read their site and know what you are paying for.

http://www.westtexas.tstc.edu/sharedcode/p...t_dept_name=ems Another site that tells you what you are getting. It tells you the various options. The degree you get. Etc.

Now maybe you can fix your site to compete with ones that actually provide EMS education.

The problem is with the content that fails to inform potential students what they offer and why they should chose them. It is not with the fanciness of the site. With your attitude me thinks you have an interest in the company beyond student, but I could be wrong.

Nope, no vested interest at all. I just disagree about the importance of the website. You're right though (both of you) that it should have more information about the instructors and classes.