Recommendations for Paramedic Program in MA

soccer35

I received my cert from MassBay's day program. Similar to Northeastern they are going through a transition period. However, they require A+P and all the gen ed prior to starting the program. They also have a 1 1/2 year part time night program.

I highly reccomend Safety which is through PRO ambulance now or North Shore Community College's 2 year program

I have seen the medics coming out and they have been top notch. Exspecally the North Shore program because with that two years they are better able to absorb the info, get the extra time in the lab and the instructors are able to spend more time on subjects instead of just bombing through them like some one year programs tend to do.

Northeastern is a great program but for around $20,000 it just didn't seem worth it to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northeastern Universities program is pricey, but sometimes you get what you pay for. The other program with an A&P prereq is Boston EMS paramedic program. Its two years and in-house for BEMS EMT's, but may be opening up for outside candidates, you could always give their training department a call, 617-343-1125. Good luck.

Northeastern Universities program is pricey, but sometimes you get what you pay for. The other program with an A&P prereq is Boston EMS paramedic program. Its two years and in-house for BEMS EMT's, but may be opening up for outside candidates, you could always give their training department a call, 617-343-1125. Good luck.

As a proud member of the NYC AA Minor league baseball team, I would also recommend either Springfield or Northeastern. I've also precepted many of their students and I have found pretty much without exception them to be knowledgeable, prepared, and with the proper attitude to work 911 ALS response.

It does suck none of them are accredited. I thought Northeastern was, at least. Shows what I know.

Spend the time, spend the money, go to Northeastern University. Their medic students come down to Newark, Jersey City (minor league AAA ball) and NYC (minor league AA ball) to do their ride time.

NOTE: Just busting balls to the JCMC and NYC guys. But we're still better. :twisted:

Damn, never did make it to the majors; Now I'm retired, and living the good life they call me by my stage name "John Madden"

I would VERY strongly recommend Educational Resource Group's Paramedic programs. The instructors are really great, and highly knowledgeable.

I sure hope they put more professional effort into their educational programmes than they put into their website. :roll:

What's so bad about their site? lol

It tells you NOTHING about their courses, except for when the start and how much they cost. You'd think if they were truly educationally focused, and proud of their programmes, they'd talk a little bit about them, wouldn't you? Maybe a course outline or syllabus? Maybe tell us how long the classes last, and how often they meet? Maybe talk about the qualifications of their staff or any accreditations they hold?

I dunno. Websites that are that vague just scream out "cheesy programme" to me.

What makes you recommend them so highly?