I passed National Registry!

Thank you all so much! This has been quite the experience for me. But if I have one piece of advice to share with students, new EMTs just everyone in this service, its this: Never forget the feeling of uncertainty you felt when you first started.

I share this because of course i was absolutely elated when I found out I passed. I busted my arse and it paid off! But after the initial shock, I realized that i now have to put my knowledge to the test and get a EMT job. With that thought came the biggest feeling of "Oh my gosh can I do this?" well of course I can! I worked hard to get to where I am right now and there is still so much more learning to do! As a respected member of this site told me last night when I asked him about this uncertainty feeling going away, he replied "Yes it will go away, but you never stop learning and if you're at the point you know it all, go find a new job" I just needed to share that with you all and I really hope some of the new folks starting out see it. Thanks again everyone for your continued support and spiritual uplifting through the rough patches! God Bless!

Thank you all so much! This has been quite the experience for me. But if I have one piece of advice to share with students, new EMTs just everyone in this service, its this: Never forget the feeling of uncertainty you felt when you first started.

I share this because of course i was absolutely elated when I found out I passed. I busted my arse and it paid off! But after the initial shock, I realized that i now have to put my knowledge to the test and get a EMT job. With that thought came the biggest feeling of "Oh my gosh can I do this?" well of course I can! I worked hard to get to where I am right now and there is still so much more learning to do! As a respected member of this site told me last night when I asked him about this uncertainty feeling going away, he replied "Yes it will go away, but you never stop learning and if you're at the point you know it all, go find a new job" I just needed to share that with you all and I really hope some of the new folks starting out see it. Thanks again everyone for your continued support and spiritual uplifting through the rough patches! God Bless!

First off, congratulations!

You made an interesting point here about how you 'never stop learning, and the minute you do think you know it all, its time to find a new job'.

As you've probably learned already, there is no 'routine call' in EMS. Even your 'gomer slings, granny runs, or what ever term you use to describe the mundane, non traumatic, low adrenaline calls; no two will present the same.

NOTHING in the medical field is in 'black and white', there are no absolutes!

• 3 months later...

well I am next for the test. My nremt final written exam will probably be june 9th as long as I pass the practical on May 31st. my class practical is in the morning at 9 am, yay can't wait!!!is there anything I should do or know before these tests????

is there anything I should do or know before these tests????

ABCs.

That's all you need to know to pass. It's not rocket surgery.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

megemyb I will be taking my EMTB NREMT CBT at 8 AM on the 31st! Good luck to us both. I am nervous mostly because I had an appointment for the 14th of June but got someone's cancellation spot. Now it seems like it is tomorrow! The practical is a breeze and I am sure you will do just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.