Would you stay in EMS ?

Would you stay in EMS ?  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I would stay
    • No, I would leave

;) There was one time in my life where I would not even go out without my hair/makeup done(once was shallow). Now I could care less at 3am going on a call, that is why they make hats!!LOL 8)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey aslong as they let me keep my turnout gear (for safety of course) i don't care... the l&s and the uniform are nice... as someone else said... a nice bonus... but when it comes down to it i will take care of the pt and put out the fires nomatter what they do... hell like someone else said i have done pt care wearing jeans and a t-shirt. big deal... as long as you take care of the pt. and do your job (whether your actually getting a pay check or vol. like i am) that is the important part.

just my thoughts on that

• 9 months later...

I can't find any way to vote, so I suppose the poll's closed since it's an old thread.

But anyway, I would stay. I think that we respond to far too many calls with L&S, anyway. Hot responses should be the exception, not the rule.

EMS providers wearing public safety style uniforms doesn't give me heartburn, although I'm not a huge fan of badges, and what our uniforms are doesn't really matter to me as long as they're comfortable, professional looking, and not ugly.

MOST definitely, I would stay.

1. I hate sirens. They bug me.

2. I hate my uniform...the pants are uncomfortable, and the shirt is too hot.

3. I hate all the attention I get when I walk into a restaurant or somewhere to eat in my uniform. I'm the one that always prefers to eat "at home" or to get take out...I'm definitely not in it for the glory.

4. I don't like pins and patches. They don't make you a good or bad medic...it's just like more ornaments for your christmas tree...big deal...

I'm in this business, not for the glory, or the money (that's for sure)....it's to help people. I can't count the number of times I've stopped on the side of the road....helped "people down" while I'm eating my dinner with family...just last week, helped a guy at a kid's pizza fun place while out with my daughter, while he was having a seizure. I've been summoned by my neighbors to help them with their family members and kids... I had no uniforms, pins or patches, or sirens then.

EMS is in my blood...and in my heart. I'd do it for a lot of money, or none at all. I am a part of helping people whether it's noon or 3 a.m....whether I'm tired and sick...or chipper and healthy. It's part of my life. If it was taken away from me, I would no longer be "me". I believe it's helped mold and shape me into who I am. My thoughts, feelings, and opinions are partially a result of my firsthand experiences. I have taken a part of each one with me...and the memories are endless. As I've said a million times before...I can not imagine doing anything else...ever. It's who I am and what I love. :love7:

xoxoxoxo :wink:

You're damn right I'd stay in it. If I wanted to wear a uniform I'd join the postal service. :)

Echoing what others have said, this is a calling- not just a job, because lord knows you don't

subject yourself to all sorts of abuse/stress/wierd hours just for a paycheck. There has to be

something else in there to make it worthwhile.

It's got me and it won't let go!

(The EMS bug)

Wendy

NREMT-B

So what's your point? :?

Thats the truth. We got an old partner of mine a nameplate that said "EMT-Hitman"

Then again, he was killing alot of patients lately. I think hes in the parks department now, and got the hint.

Would I stay in it? I once would have said yes, forever. Im starting to think theres more for me out there...im honestly not sure yet. :?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.