We Have a Responsibility to "Market" EMT City

As members of EMT City I feel we have a responsibility to "market" it.

We enjoy an immense opportunity to share ideas from literally anywhere in the world and at no cost to us.

One thing we can do is to make a concerted effort to patronize advertisers that support EMT City and I encourage everyone to do so.

I think it would be great if we had pamphlets or some type of printed material available to distribute during national and individual state EMS conventions. Perhaps the administration could simply provide a standard form or flyer that we could download and print out.

We all benefit from having EMT City available and just imagine how much better it will be with hundreds if not thousands of additional members.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea!

Its already been done several times over the last year or so...

for all those interested, here is the link to the poster.

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9171

(search function capt is your friend...lol :lol: )

We enjoy an immense opportunity to share ideas from literally anywhere in the world and at no cost to us.

One thing we can do is to make a concerted effort to patronize advertisers that support EMT City and I encourage everyone to do so.

Capt,

A couple of things you and folks who read this can do to support the site and find and support those who do is:

Anyone who has donated cash above $50 gets a “Sponsor” by their name, you make a donation.

Some of the folks like myself, who have commercial sites also have an “EMT CITY” button on their site that directs traffic and new users to EMT CITY (it also helps with EMT CITY’s ranking in the search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc), you can find them on EMT CITY’s home page under “EMS TOP SITES”.

You make a great point to paraphrase “We’re all in this together, united we stand, divided we fall.”

Good post,

Be Safe

WANTYNU

I'm not sure that I have any responsibility to market someone elses website. I for one am not getting paid any of the advertizing dollars generated everytime someone opens a screen and an ad appears on the top of the page.

I'm a member of forums for gun owners, atheists, security officers, firefighters, ham radio operators, scanner users and star trek. I don't activly market any of them.

This isn't the only EMS forum I lurk around in. I'm also at EMSResponder which links from the Firehouse forums.

Internet blogs, chatrooms and forums are still not regularly used by the majority of society. There's really a small percentage of people who will log onto a forum like this one, register, read the many posts found here and participate in discussions.

Ask around at work sometime. Just how many of your coworkers will say that they actually log in at least once a day to this or another EMS related website and participate in the forums. I'm betting it's a very small number.

I have marketed this website via word of mouth. I have also paid to be a city sponsor.

But that's as far as I want to go

I belong to christian websites and forums, EMS websites and forums, WOW forums, and run a forum of my own.

If I were to take the suggestion of donating 50 to this site then with my activity on the other forums I would feel obligated to pay or donate to the other sites.

I do enough for this website, I'm a chat room moderator, I've donated and I tell every emt/medic that I know about this site.

I love this site and I'm very active on it.

If you feel led to donate or put up posters at your work site then Go for it. But to put a guilt trip on everyone here (which is what it sounds like you are doing, that may just be my take on your post) to get them to donate or to promote the site is to me, sort of a slap in the face to all of us here.

I'm not trying to provoke or make you mad Capt with what I say but let me ask you this.

Are you planning on donating to the site?

Are you planning on taking that flyer and putting it up at your workplace?

What other things are you planning on doing to promote this site?

I've done both in the past 3 1/2 years that I've been here.

I'm not sure that I have any responsibility to market someone elses website. I for one am not getting paid any of the advertizing dollars generated everytime someone opens a screen and an ad appears on the top of the page.

I'm a member of forums for gun owners, atheists, security officers, firefighters, ham radio operators, scanner users and star trek. I don't activly market any of them.

This isn't the only EMS forum I lurk around in. I'm also at EMSResponder which links from the Firehouse forums.

Internet blogs, chatrooms and forums are still not regularly used by the majority of society. There's really a small percentage of people who will log onto a forum like this one, register, read the many posts found here and participate in discussions.

Ask around at work sometime. Just how many of your coworkers will say that they actually log in at least once a day to this or another EMS related website and participate in the forums. I'm betting it's a very small number.

There is no doubt you can get something for nothing.

The question is how much better it is when you actually contribute….

-w

Boy have I been negative tonight. I'm sorry.

If you can donate then by all means donate - the site will be better off for it.

If you can pass out flyers and promote the site in other ways, then by all means, do it.

But if you cannot do the above, please don't feel pressured to do so.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.