Directions

firedoc5

Don't you just love directions like: "Go north for about 5 minutes to where Johnson's old barn was, turn right, then left. Go as far as the big tree stump on your left. You'll see an old house with Holstein cows out back. If you see black angus cows then you went too far." :banghead:

Coming from Sask I used to get all my directions in this fashion. :roll:

Dispatch "Medic 1 respond to Clarence ****** residence for a 54 y/o male possible CVA.

ME: "Copy that dispatch"

Dispatch: "Medic 1 driving directions are, go north on hwy 342 approx 14 miles, turn west where the Heimarks Dam sign used to be, Continue west approx 3-5 miles till you come to the white rock on the fence post, turn North. Continue north approx 2 miles road ends up at his driveway, caller states if you pass the driveway the road drops into a coulie, so be careful.

ME: 10-4 Dispatch this will be fun in the dark!!

The county just north of us was pretty rural and behind the times, until recently.

It was not uncommon to hear a call dispatched to "Jakey's House", the township and complaint. When units would sign on, they would get the additional. "Go up the road to the old church. Turn right, and go aways. It's the fifth driveway past the barn that used to be there."

I was waiting for the dispatcher to say: "turn right at the rock that looks like a bear", or "ask the heifers at the gate for directions", but that never happened.

The county just north of us was pretty rural and behind the times, until recently.

It was not uncommon to hear a call dispatched to "Jakey's House", the township and complaint. When units would sign on, they would get the additional. "Go up the road to the old church. Turn right, and go aways. It's the fifth driveway past the barn that used to be there."

I was waiting for the dispatcher to say: "turn right at the rock that looks like a bear", or "ask the heifers at the gate for directions", but that never happened.

You might be a Lancaster County Paramedic if you've managed to use the word heifer on an EMS forum, and not refer to the patient.

And why is it when they say their porch light will be on, every single house on the way has a porch light on? :?

My best one to date has to be: " look for the burn barrel in the turn of the road, you will see the white horse over the fence, it's always standing there it's blind you see... now go left until you see the school bus, now thats not really a school bus thats where I live, and you will find us out back in the tool shed, he seems to be bleeding pretty bad- do you think I should put something on it?"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.