EMT City Meetup

Just Plain Ruff

EMT City Gathering - yes or no  

53 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe if the right date was set

It gonna be all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then its gonna be hilairious.

Count me and my wife in if its not to terrible of a cost. Also in school but I'm sure a sick day or two will take care of it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gonna be all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then its gonna be hilairious.

Count me and my wife in if its not to terrible of a cost. Also in school but I'm sure a sick day or two will take care of it.

Now thats Hard core EMS talking!!!

but jess in the real world some of us just cant drop our real life commitments and take off like that as good as it sounds its just not fesible to do. I for one would love to meet all of you all especially the ones that are "family" but right now with all the shit that is going on in my life i just cant make plans for all that travel time or expense. I would love to but i just cant do it. And I am sure others out there are in the same spot i am in.

Yeah, but you said the same thing about Missouri too, so that's not specific to Vegas.

The point is, except for those very few people who are within easy driving distance of STL or KC, it's going to mean significant travel for most of us. So why not make it someplace where food and lodging are cheap, and you can get a $99 dollar flight on Southwest almost any day of the week? It's about making this both affordable and attractive to the greatest number of people.

And Vegas does not exclude the under 21 crowd at all. Have you been there lately? The whole city is like a big theme park now. Hell, I'm way over 21, but I don't drink or gamble, and I still manage to have fun. And those who do want to go lose their money are welcome to do so too.

Ok, now I will add my two cents.

Some of the older members may remember but we did a city meet up in '05 I think it was. We met in Vegas then as well.

However we timed the event to coincide with the EMS Expo which allowed us to get CMEs as well. The other benefit to going during an EMS event was those of us that itemize our taxes were able to deduct the trip as we were there strictly for acquiring necessary CMEs to keep our certs and our jobs.

We did have a blast and I would love to see this happen again. The pictures are priceless!

I would be up for the east coast get together, somewhere within a half day of DC. I live right out side of DC, and money as for all is a big issue! (Soon-to-be-Exwife gets most of it!!)

But let me know!!

What kind of ajenda are you guys thinking? Perhaps there is someone here *wink wink, nudge nudge* that could get Dr. Bledsoe to do some sort of speach.

Anyway, I would definatly fly to MO if it was more than just a come and go tea!!

*Mobey is feeling ignored because no one will answer his questions* :(

EDIT TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

If anyone else would be interested we could also load up a van full of us canadians and head down. It is about 1800miles (by my crazy gorilla math), so it would be a full day to drive down. We could meet up in Calgary and leave from there.

Am I the only Canadian attending so far?? Wait....are Canadians invited?

Yeah, but you said the same thing about Missouri too, so that's not specific to Vegas.

The point is, except for those very few people who are within easy driving distance of STL or KC, it's going to mean significant travel for most of us. So why not make it someplace where food and lodging are cheap, and you can get a $99 dollar flight on Southwest almost any day of the week? It's about making this both affordable and attractive to the greatest number of people.

And Vegas does not exclude the under 21 crowd at all. Have you been there lately? The whole city is like a big theme park now. Hell, I'm way over 21, but I don't drink or gamble, and I still manage to have fun. And those who do want to go lose their money are welcome to do so too.

Actually I've not been there lately and didn't realize that. But besides that I wouldnt go to gamble and drink. I'm just looking at having a good time putting names with faces and gaining more friendships. Last time i was there, I was quite young and remember how boring it was for me lol! But this would be great!

Well for me, a meet on the east coast would work much better.. Im in school till mid june (NR testing) so St. Louis or Vegas is out of the question. Ill help Terr set something up if the idea for an east coast meet pans out. I have no problem driving a few hours to get whereever it gets set up for.

Well for me, a meet on the east coast would work much better.. Im in school till mid june (NR testing) so St. Louis or Vegas is out of the question. Ill help Terr set something up if the idea for an east coast meet pans out. I have no problem driving a few hours to get whereever it gets set up for.

Teri...we're not allowed coming out of our holes...we're the chat room drama they are talking about :(:D:D:D hahaha