1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe if the right date was set

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I cant go to vegas or I cant go to ST Louis but I will plan one on the east coast if anyone wants to seriously do one. Just let me know.

Ruff can do that end and I will do this end.... after all we do work in EMS and money can be a problem at times...

terr

That is exactly why I am trying to persuade 'the powers that be' to have our wedding in Vegas. None of my friends are going to travel from Texas to Kalifornia for that. But nearly all of them would travel to Vegas for it. I mean, let's face it; most people -- male or female -- are only one excuse away from taking a trip to Vegas anyhow.

But yeah, I agree. Even though MO would be more convenient, more people would still probably show up in Vegas. Not to mention, getting flights to Vegas can be a lot cheaper than flights to mid America.

As for the drama, let's just not invite the chatroom drama queens.

Vegas would be hella cool! An Airline here offers a direct flight to Vegas from Peoria for around $150. It would cost more than that just to travel to St Louis or Kansas City by air or car. Vegas would be sooooo much better! Even though I'm sure most the activities we all will be involved in there would pretty much eliminates the under 21 folks...but who knows.

Although I don't think Las Vegas was even a destination of choice for this meet up cant we at least consider it? No matter where we have it someone, is going to say its too far and they cant go. Like Dust said "I mean, let's face it; most people -- male or female -- are only one excuse away from taking a trip to Vegas anyhow." :D So may as well just name a place and forget the voting stuff :roll: Just my thoughts

but jess in the real world some of us just cant drop our real life commitments and take off like that as good as it sounds its just not fesible to do. I for one would love to meet all of you all especially the ones that are "family" but right now with all the shit that is going on in my life i just cant make plans for all that travel time or expense. I would love to but i just cant do it. And I am sure others out there are in the same spot i am in.

My 2 cents

terr

I would be in for St Louis or Kansas City. Dang I drove to Kansas City Just Yesterday. Just let us know in advance so I can get the days off....... I wonder if Joansghost and Firepatrol have seen this...........

but jess in the real world some of us just cant drop our real life commitments and take off like that as good as it sounds its just not fesible to do. I for one would love to meet all of you all especially the ones that are "family" but right now with all the shit that is going on in my life i just cant make plans for all that travel time or expense. I would love to but i just cant do it. And I am sure others out there are in the same spot i am in.

My 2 cents

terr

Yea i'm quite aware of that. I have a job too even in the real world. So I know what your saying.

However, it was general statement that it does not matter where it is, not everyone is going to be able to show up because its too far. I You have to read into the point im trying to make...think about it for a bit..its not a bash on the folks that cant go and it has nothing to do with "Just dropping everything to go somewhere" it has absolutely nothing to do with that at ALL. The point i was trying to prove was, just pick a location and if people can show up thats wonderful, if they cant, that sucks maybe we'll meet some other time. You were talking about planning something for the East Coast folks so i didn't expect you to take offense to this. It surely wasn't my intention as I do realize, I know how it all works and know people cant just pick up and leave. that wasn't even being discussed. I'm sorry

Well I cant go to vegas or I cant go to ST Louis but I will plan one on the east coast if anyone wants to seriously do one. Just let me know.

Ruff can do that end and I will do this end.... after all we do work in EMS and money can be a problem at times...terr

I'll help with the East coast one too. If you guys decide Vegas for the West please let everyone know as soon as possible. It will be a bit more of a logistical challenge than St Louis but, hopefully I can get a reasonable flight.

Whats the name of that new really cheap airline? I believe its Skybus.com. Of course one must be willing to ride on surplus North Carolina school buses converted into airliners. Just kidding! A colleague of mine actually flew somewhere in the midwest for $10. Its a promotional gag that the first ten seats on each flight sell for $10. Parachute not included.