EMT City Meetup

Just Plain Ruff

EMT City Gathering - yes or no  

53 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe if the right date was set

Although attendees are asked to check their politics at the gate for EMStock, my house is only five minutes down the road. After we're all done playing nice at EMStock, we can all reconvene in my back 40 for a volly vs. paid vs. fire vs. private cage match. :D

I prefer to pick my battles outside of consealed weapon states. :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to pick my battles outside of consealed weapon states. :D

LOL! Funny you should mention that!

Back when EMStock first started in 2003, Dr. Bledsoe announced that weapons were prohibited on his property, because guns and alcohol don't mix. I certainly can't disagree with him on that. But I suggested that I'd feel a lot safer there if he prohibited the alcohol and allowed weapons.

See... he and I don't agree on everything! :lol:

We have been working behind the scenes to do an "Unofficial" EMT City Meeting at EMSStock.

Plus 10 for that. :thumbright:

A little more out-of-town talent would energise EMStock, and you can all learn a great deal from the regulars there too. It's a pretty serious bunch. Not your average wankers. This would be a mutually beneficial relationship for EMStock and EMT City, for sure.

I advise all Canucks to bring their own beer though. Nothing but pisswater in Texas. :wink:

• 7 months later...

One just never knows WHO may just put in an appearance, sans firearms.

I think a fishing rod would be more more helpful with the weather reports lately.... Ike may just improve the fishing ?

cheers

WHAT no BEER ? sheesh forget it then lol.

WHAT no BEER ? sheesh forget it then lol.

Actually, it's getting better this year! There is a local brewery sponsoring the event, and will have kegs on site!

http://rahrbrewery.com/home

This thing is getting very close! Just a week away, and it looks like I will be there after all. All the preparations are made. The only remaining concern is that the weather holds out so that EMStock doesn't turn into MUDstock.

I seriously urge all of you who can possibly be there to make plans to get there! Bring a camper, bring a tent, bring $$ for a local motel, or if someone wants to split the costs, I'll rent an RV. But this is going to be a cool deal, so don't miss it! If you missed it, here' is all the info:

http://www.emstock.com/

With the potential new job (conditional hire with a real EMS agency! I'm ok being the paramedic's gofer, it pays better than what I'm doing now...), I can't afford to waste my precious allotted absences from class on the convention, even though I would dearly love to go. Gotta save the absences for orientation. :D Not to mention that I'm broke!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• 2 weeks later...

Ok let me get this right about this Midlothing .... whatever.

So the rules of engagement for EMStock.

no egos,

no guns,

no mud,

no snow,

no trees,

possibility of recertification of my John Deer tractor licence.

only a few poisonous snakes,

and BEERS

then social gatherings in dust's rental from "Red Neck RV World"

I bet Disney will make a movie out of this too.

I just wonder if I staple myself to a flight of Canada Geese, maybe a Kanukistanian peace keeper should attend for good measure, you know just to be polite and all.

cheers